Choice C (Continue The Story)

(Hey fam, just wanted to mention that this will be a lot of repetition, but there will be some new stuff, mostly at the end, so if you just want to skip down to the bottom to see the new content, wait until you see a line of ***, at which point it'll be all new content. Enjoy :))

Your POV

You shook your head in disgust.

You'd think that when all of their lives are on the line, they'd at least be able to keep from tearing each other to shreds.

You closed the door behind you.

You started down the street. You knew the route by heart. Many, many walks this route flashed through your head.

You inhaled, and exhaled.

Everything is going to be fine.

You tried to steady your racing heart. Your nails dug into the flesh of your palms.

"Just keep walking."

You said out loud.

"Keep walking."

You repeated when your feet refused to budge. You tugged your feet off the ground, feeling as though you were moving mountains, and continued down the street.

It wasn't long before you saw the treehouse ahead of you.

"Well, here we go."

You said, eyes glued to the treehouse. You remembered several careless afternoons here, without worries or fears of being hunted down.

Maybe there can be more.

Maybe, just maybe, there was somewhere in your future that involved hanging out in the treehouse you saw in front of you, friends new and old alike playing games without pain, or anxiousness, or betrayal (I doubt it).

There was nobody else who was going to make the first move. You had to lead.

"Here we go."

You repeated, if only to convince yourself that yes, in fact, here we go, and we will not curl up in a ball and weep.

You took a few steps forwards, and began your ascent of the rope ladder. The ropes swayed as you climbed, and you clung tighter to the ropes. It wasn't that high up, not really, but it would still probably break one of your oh so necessary bones, and that was not something that would aid your already low chance of success.

Your feet faltered on the rope, and you suddenly felt yourself dangle precariously around 9 feet in the air, only holding on by your hands. You suppressed a scream.

I'm fine. I'm absolutely fine.

You looked at the ground beneath you. Nobody to catch you if you fell.

You swung your legs back onto the ropes.

You took a deep breath. Sure it was going to be harder than last time. You only had one fully functional arm, after all. But was that going to stop you? Well, maybe, but you were going to try anyways!

You looked up to see the entrance to the rickety building close. You grinned. It was working. You moved faster. You swung your arms onto the platform, and hoisted yourself up, and-

"WAIT!"

Were promptly beaned in the head with a rock.

You went tumbling back out of the treehouse, before a hand came out after you, and dragged you back in.

You looked up to see Astrid, your arm still clenched in her hand.

"Goddamnit Maeve!"

Someone shouted.