Patience

(Sorry for the short chapter this time. I just had to get to these endings. A bunch of them are gonna start happening, and I'm sorry that they seem rushed, but I legitimately have a plan for this. Also, for once we have a three ending option, just because these two work well at this point)

Your POV

You looked over at Damien. 

You hadn't thought that you would actually like him, at all. 

You thought that you were doing it to protect your friends, but here you were. 

He had really opened up, and now you felt like a terrible person.

You had too, but still. You felt bad for him. 

You looked around the room at your friends, who's lives were now in danger.

To think that a month ago I was settled into life with my old friends, completely oblivious to all of this.

What would have happened if I hadn't come?

Would they still have defeated the Principal without me?

You weren't sure, but you didn't like thinking about if you'd never met them.

Right now, you knew for a fact where your old friends were, and you needed patience to wait it out.

Right now, Astrid and Freya were taking tae kwan do, Maeve had soccer, and Theresa was probably shoplifting something. Ella would be in the library, where you would like to be right now, but alas, being spotted in public was too high a risk.

So, you needed the patience to wait for them to be at the treehouse. They would be tomorrow, at 3:30-ish, but it felt like it would take an eternity for time to pass. You might not even have a day. What if the Huxley agents appeared outside the door now? 

What you really needed was some patience, but that in the current situation seemed less than possible.

You flopped onto the ground, and stared at the ceiling.

And waited.

Aaaaaand waited.

Unsurprisingly, no life changing revelations came to you.

"Are you alright?"

You turned to see Penny looking at you worriedly. You smiled ruefully.

"Considering what's happening right now, I think I'm holding together impressively well."

She laughed hollowly.

"I suppose that is the best we can hope for."

You propped yourself up on an elbow.

"What about you? A lot of stuff's happened. How are you doing?"

Penny paused. 

"Well......"

You tried to give her an encouraging smile. She flushed.

"W-well, I-I, I am scared. A-and I have never been completely free before, but now I am, and it is scary, and I have started to think that maybe freedom is a little bit overrated."

She blurted, before turning an even deeper shade of red.

You sat in silence for a few seconds.

"Yeah, freedom is kinda stressful."

You agreed finally. She exhaled loudly.

"Oh thank god, I thought you would be mad that I am not as brave as you."

She said thankfully.

"You think I'm brave? I'm terrified! Absolutely petrified! I'm trying my best not to fall apart! You've lived something crazy, and the cause of it was your mom! Of course you're questioning if it's overrated! Making decisions like this is scary!"

You said, aghast. Penny looked surprised, then smiled.

"I suppose so. But being brave does not mean not being scared. I think you are brave."

You smiled.

"Right back 'atcha."

She got up, and walked towards the kitchen.

Probably looking for more cupcakes.

You thought, laughing internally.

You heard somebody shout, and you turned your head to see Penny stomping out, holding a (probably stale) cupcake.

Oh no. What happened now?

You ran through a list of who was most likely the other side of the argument with Penny. After noting that Kid was still in the room, you decided it was probably Carla.

You shivered.

Even for fall, it was colllllllddddddd. 

You wanted to get food, because you had not eaten in forever, but you also really needed a change into warmer clothes, or at least a sweater, and you also really wanted to strategize with your friend, which was proooobably the most urgent, but you felt too tired to do all three.

So what. Food, opportunity for more dead end conversations, or temperature?

Choice

Choice A) Foooooooooood. So hungry, and really, when was the last proper meal you'd eaten?

Choice B) It is altogether too cold. You really need to change, and that shouldn't take toooo long, or tooooo much energy.

Choice C) Strategize. Even if it ends up being a waste of time, you should at least try.

(Okay these are the dumbest and vaguest options ever as to which ending they lead to but whatever. Again, sorry the chapter is short, I just needed this one to be short so I can do these endings, then have a whole other thing, which you'll see later, buuuuut yeah. I tried so hard to publish this yesterday, but it was like the fanfiction writing part of my brain had turned off completely. I hope this is alright)