Choice B

(This is going to be a whole lot of repetition from the Kid ending, but since i comes to the same conclusion, that's kind of expected. See you all at the epilogue)

You collapsed onto your back on the field. There were small scorched bits, likely from the explosions, but it still felt wonderful. You basked in the breeze, dragging your fingers through the lawn. 

I thought I'd never see any of this every again.

Kid sat down next to you, letting out a heavy breath.

"You think it's about time to stop running for our lives?"

He joked. Your eyes shot open, a realization dawning on you.

"No. Not yet. Remember when Mr Huxley said that the building was collapsing on those monsters? And the goo and machinery we can assume was down there to keep the monsters trapped?"

Kid jumped up, pulling you to your feet as well. He tore off into a run, towards the front of the house, and towards the exit to the Huxley property. You were about to follow him, before remembering Mr Huxley, still desperately trying to drag himself away.

"You have got to be kidding me."

You snapped, running back towards the man.

You slung his arm around your shoulder, desperately trying to drag him away. After a few steps, it became abundantly clear that he was far to heavy for you to carry.

Summoning the remainder of your strength, you continued dragging him away from the building.

"Alice."

He croaked. You felt a stab of pity for him, before shoving that down and continuing your voyage.

You turned to look back at the building, now about 10 meters away from you.

Right in time to see the building turn into a fireball, and a piece of shrapnel come flying at your eye.