Sleep (Or Lack Thereof)

(This one is going to be a segway to where shit really starts hitting the fan, with endings everywhere and.....well yeah I can't quite talk about it hereeeeeeee, but I guess you'll see pretty soon)

Your POV

Sleeping accommodations.

An absolute disaster.

You weren't sure if you'd expected your friends to be more organized, but what they seemed to have decided upon, for the most just and fair approach to who slept where, was every man for his or herself.

By the time the clock on your stove said 9:00 pm, your home had turned into a full on battle royal.

You were smacked in the face by a lamp, and felt an all too familiar trickle of red drip down from your nose.

Damnit.

You dodged around your fighting friends, and made a valiant attempt to get to the upstairs, whih was only foiled by a terrified Felix, who grabbed you by your arm, and wouldn't let go, sputtering jackshit along the lines of 'they're so violenttttt help meeeeee!'

Despite your best efforts, you were unable to shake him off, so, with much disdain, you dragged him right along with you, up the stairs to (hopefully) get to the bathroom, to staunch the blood.

Time skip brought to you by the movement started by @EzriLovesRose in The Saving The School And Maybe World Chat Group to give Nugget his nuggets

As you lay, limbs entangled awkwardly with Penny's on the couch, staring up at the ceiling, you pondered the last time you'd been asleep of your own accord, rather than fainting. 

The sleepover, maybe?

Hmmmmm.

Penny curled in closer, and you finally decided to let sleep overtake you.

You were running.

Why? Who knows. But it felt right, and you weren't gonna doubt yourself.

The scenery was foggy, but you could just barely make out what looked like a forest.

"(Y/N)! Come on!"

It was Damien. Whether he'd been running with you the entire time, or if he'd just appeared in front of you, you weren't sure, but you excepted his extended hand, and began to run, but he'd stopped moving. 

You turned to see why, and as you did, he pushed you backwards, where you fell into a pit.

But....the pit didn't end. You just kept falling.....

......and falling......

....and falling....

You passed your friends on the way down, all of whom scrambled to grab your hand, none of them getting a firm enough grip on you to stop your fall.

And then, right as your body hit the bottom, your eyes opened.

Dream. Just a dream.

You looked around. Penny was still right next to you, and she seemed fast asleep. Or shut down. Or whatever the proper resting term is for an android.

Staring around the room, everyone seemed completely unconscious. It hit you know that you hadn't even thought to set up a guard, or a watch rotation.

You knew it was a dream. Figment of the imagination. But even so, your eyes lingered on Damien's sleeping form for a few seconds longer than was probably necessary.

Nothing's wrong. He made a trash decision. We all make trash decisions. But maybe we can try being friends again. Possibly.

But the more you stared at him, the more something seemed off. A pit of dread formed in your stomach, and suspicion started to grow in your mind.

The shifty look on his face, the way he wouldn't look me in the eye......guilt. That's what he was feeling. I hadn't understood it then, but I do now.

He's done something.

But I have no proof.

So first, I've got to find out what.

You didn't sleep the rest of the night.

You weren't able to get up without waking Penny, so you continued to lay there, eyes wide open, mind spinning.

The sun came up, and your friends began to wake up, but you continued staring at the ceiling. 

You had to know what he was doing! But....what if you were just overthinking? Being suspicious? What if he was really just trying to make amends in his own cruddy way of doing so?

That's it. He's just bad at social-ing (lol same).

"Good morning."

Penny mumbled. 

"You're awake."

You said softly. She smiled softly.

"How could you tell?"

"Get a room!"

Emma crowed.

"You're awake too."

You sighed.

"Damn right."

Kid groaned.

"Wow, sleeping on the floor is even less comfortable than I expected."

"Life changing knowledge you have just bestowed on us."

Penny grumbled.

Okay, to be fair, Kid kind of deserved that. He's been a bit of a prick to Penny.

Kid rolled his eyes.

"(Y/N), can you keep your pet android under control?"

He snarked. You felt Penny start to get up, and you put a hand on her shoulder.

THAT WAS SO UNCALLED FOR.

LIKE WHAT THE FUCK.

But that wasn't what you said. Instead, what you whispered to Penny was more along the lines of 'don't. He isn't worth it'. She nodded sullenly, and laid back down.

"As for you,"

You snarled, turning to Kid.

"She's not my pet anything. She is my friend, and I'm starting to doubt if you even know what that means."

Kid blushed, and looked away.

"Oooooo! Harsh!"

Smokey cackled.

"Thank you, (Y/N)."

Penny mumbled.

"Hey, any time. But listen, if Kid's giving you a hard time, tell me. He's my friend, but so are you, and I want you to be happy, so if that means chewing out Kid for being a prick occasionally, so be it."

You replied. Penny smiled slightly.

"Good to know."