The Plot Thickens!

(This will get a little angsty. Also, sorry since the dialogue between Jerome, Lily, and Kid differs then in the real game. Also, the day this is set is Saturday)

Your POV

When you woke up the next morning, you were cuddled up next to Carla. Carla was asleep, but she had an arm around you.

Weird. But whatever. I mean, she is super comfortable.

"Mphf."

Carla said in her sleep.

Wait.... I feel like I'm forgetting something.

"I'm gonna do what my Dad should have done. I'm gonna stop you and your crazy conspiracy theories!"

All sleepiness shot out of you. You bolted off the couch, waking Carla, and saw Jerome holding a potted plant over Lily's head, poised to strike.

"JEROME!"

You screamed.

Lily seemed to be a light sleeper. Her eyes opened, and they widened in fear.

How can my mom not hear this?

Lily rolled out of the way, as the pot shattered on the ground where her head had just been.

Everyone else seemed to wake up at the sound of shattering pottery. You and Kid got there first, restraining Jerome. Or at least trying to restrain him.

You see, you were pretty strong, but for a relatively short guy, so was Jerome. Jerome was short, but solidly built, whereas Kid was taller, but wiry and lanky. Billy threw his arms in front of Lily to protect her, Carla came to help you and Kid, Nugget threw bits of pottery at Jerome (which, in all honesty, wasn't especially helpful, because when the shards ricocheted off Jerome, they hit you, Kid, and Carla, but nobody had the heart to tell him to do something else), and Monty fiddled with his wheelchair.

So helpfuuuuuu.....

Before you could finish your thought, a huge laser came out of the back of Monty's chair, and pointed itself at Jerome.

"Target acquired."

It beeped.

Jerome stopped struggling, and grimaced.

"Go ahead. Shoot me. You should."

Jerome said, resigning himself to his fate.

Monty groaned.

"You know I don't want to, but I will if you hurt (Y.... Lily."

Lily was panting, clearly shaken. Carla and Kid didn't relinquish their grips on Jerome. Billy didn't move from in front of Lily. Nugget threw another piece of pottery at Jerome.

"Unnecessary."

Jerome mumbled.

Nugget looked at you, and you nodded, which meant 'we do not need to throw any more pottery at Jerome'.

"We need to explain now."

Kid said.

"At least about his dad."

Lily's face did something confusing.

"Fine."

She sighed.

"Jerome, did you ever stop to consider why your Dad had explosives and why they blow up when you mention my brother?"

Jerome looked confused for a second, before going back to a snarl.