Fate A) (Billy Ending)

(I finally got another chapter uppppppppp. Quick note: (D/N) is Dad's name/ WARNING: Mention of abuse)

Your POV

A guard opened your door, pointing a gun at your head.

"Move and you die."

He said, voice bored, as if this was a natural occurrence for him.

Maybe it is.

You thought.

Another guard tossed a some kind of bundle into your room, then the first slammed the door shut. You realized a second too late to catch it that it was Billy.

"Oh my god."

You dove forwards, trying to help him up. 

"Hey."

He said weakly, smiling, and then wincing as if it had hurt.

"Hey."

You said, hoping he didn't notice the catch in your voice. His face was bruised purple, and his nose was gushing blood. You weren't sure how much help you'd be to him one handed, but you couldn't just leave him to his own devices.

"What happened? You look awful."

You said, only hearing how that sounded after it had been said.

Billy laughed wheezily.

"You've looked better."

His eyes trailed to the bruise on your jaw, and his expression darkened.

"Where did you get that bruise?"

He asked. The words were tamer than the way they were said.

You shook your head.

"No idea."

He put his hand on your cheek.

"I've got your back, okay? You aren't alone."

He said softly. You smiled.

"Neither are you. Never ever."

He smiled at you again, in that sweet was of his.

You couldn't help admitting to yourself that he was at least a little bit cute.

You cleared your throat.

"Let's get you cleaned up."

Time Skip

There really wasn't that much you could do, but in the end you were able to staunch the blood pouring from his nose. You had next to forced him to sit down on the cot.

"Hey (Y/N)"

Billy said. You spun around, arm hanging limply at your side.

"Yeah?"

You asked. He was staring at you.

"What happened to your arm?"

He asked slowly. You had hoped he wouldn't ask that question. You didn't want to talk about it, and you didn't want him to do something that would get him shot.

"Nothing."

You said. His eyes narrowed.

"Liar. What happened to your arm?"

You didn't answer. 

"(Y/N), what happened to your goddamn arm?"

He snapped. You tried to cross your arms, and only succeeded in crossing one.

"I hit it against the wall when they put me here. You might have noticed, but the guards are a little less than friendly."

You said, voice quivering. 

"It doesn't hurt, but I can't move it either."

You sat down on the cot, not looking at him.

Silence.

"I'm sorry for yelling."

He said. 

You shrugged.

"It's fine."

You said, tears clouding your eyes. It was stupid. He hadn't even really yelled. You tried to wipe you're eyes, but your hand felt heavy.

"(Y/N)?"

You looked up at him.

"Please don't cry."

He said, his voice catching.

"(Y/N) I'm sorry, I just....."

You hugged him.

"Please don't hate me."

He mumbled into your shoulder.

"I don't. I could never hate you."

You said. And that was true. 

He was leaving. 

He'd threatened to before, but it had never seemed real. A ghost of a nightmare, fading like a dream.

"(D/N), don't do this-"

"Fuck you! Fuck you and our damn kid who can't even stay in fucking school!"

"(Y/N) is trying her best-"

"'Trying her best' my ass! I'm done with your bullshit. Pay your own damn bills, and get your own damn job. I'm done."

And then he was packing a bag. You followed him out to the car.

"Dad?"

You asked meekly. He turned around.

"Go back to your mom."

He said. You shook your head.

"Where are you going?"

He grabbed you by the collar.

"I said GO BACK TO YOUR DAMN MOM!"

He roared, spit flying. You nodded frantically, moving your hands to protect your face. He'd lifted you off the ground now.

"IF I SEE YOU AGAIN, IT'LL BE AT YOUR FUNERAL!"

You kept nodding. He threw you onto the ground.

And then he got into his car, and drove away, leaving you on the pavement. Your mother was on the doorstep crying when you came back. She looked up at you, a pleading look on her face, as if hoping for reassurance.

"He's gone."

You croaked.

You shivered at the memory. It was something you had forced yourself not to think about for so long that it felt alien in your mind. As if it had happened to someone else.

"I hope not."

He said.

"I l-care a lot about you. You're an amazing person, and I need you to remember that, okay?"

You sniffed, and nodded.

"You're pretty great too."

You mumbled. He laced his fingers with yours.

"I know."

He said, smiling.