Choice A) (Ted Ending)

(Hey guess what, everybody! I decided that since I'm not going anywhere, I am going to write endings for the hall monitors, because I have miiiiiiillions of ideas for them, and now have the time to write them!!)

Your POV

You stumbled towards the ambulance. There were enough people going towards the sewers, but nobody else was really that close to Ted, and you didn't want Ted to wake up in the hospital alone. You sat down in the back of the ambulance, and watched as the medics placed a mask on Ted's unconscious face, and wrapped gauze around his head. You felt numb. You stared at them blankly. They hooked him up to a machine with a line that tracked his heartbeat. You knew the machine. You'd seen it before.

Thankfully, the line was steadily mounting, before leveling out to a normal. Your eyes glassed over, and you were right about to cry again, when you felt a hand weakly brush yours.

"(Y/N)?"

Ted said hoarsely. His voice was distorted from under the mask, but still discernible.

"Hey."

You whispered. He tried to smile, but it came out as a wince.

"Hey."

He murmured.

Ted's POV

He looked at you, vision slightly impaired due to the mask covering most of his face. His head ached with pain, but it couldn't compare to the betrayal he felt. He could still see his brother's emotionless face, as he pushed him in. Into the hole he thought would be his tomb.

"And Applesoft thanks you for your service."

The last words his brother had said to him. They stung, as did the blank tone in which he said them. Ted was confused, and hurt, physically and emotionally. He couldn't feel anything other then the stabbing pain in his head where the jar of spiders hit him, and the increasingly painful hollowness in his chest. He could still remember the crushing hopelessness he'd felt, sitting alone in the hole, with no company but the spiders. At the beginning, he'd tried to stay away from them, but after a while, he'd given up, and wished the spiders could talk to keep him company. He'd cried and screamed, but knew it was no use from the time he heard Felix walking away. 

When Nugget had left, it had seemed like an added bit of pain. Instead of just ending it, leaving him to suffer. Then you had come, and he'd had a small flicker of hope. Just big enough to keep him awake. 

But hope can't keep you alive forever. 

When he'd heard you yelling, and then your feet speeding away across the field, he thought he might actually survive. Thought that there might be something left for him outside the hole, besides heaven. Or hell. Ted wasn't sure how good a person he'd been. 

He'd waited, fighting the final sleep, but eventually even that hope flickered out and died. Just a few moments, and she'll be back , he'd told himself. But then his eyelids had grown heavy, too heavy, and he'd felt himself wrestling with unconsciousness. He'd answered a few of Stevie's questions, before eventually it went dark. The last thing he heard was Stevie saying 

"It's too deep."

And that was when he realized it was hopeless, and he'd surrendered to the tiredness in his limbs, and closed his eyes. Now, when he opened them to see you with him in an ambulance, he realized he should have known you'd come with Stevie. You wouldn't forget about him. You wouldn't abandon him. He should've tried harder to stay awake.

"You gave me a small heart attack, just so you know."

You said, brushing tears out of your eyes.