Recess, And The Terrors That Go With It! (Plus a doggo)

(I'm back! Y'all, this is really fun. Also, I dub thee a sort of animal whisperer/your freaking the best)

Your POV

You sneakily evaded Felix and Ted on the way out to recess, because although Ted seemed nice, Felix was kind of awful. 

Devoted, though. Haven't had much of that in my life.

You found Penny, and started a conversation on home, and family.

"My mom works for Applesoft Enterprises. The company Felix Huxley's father owns."

"That does not sound fun. Is that why you were sitting with him and his brother at lunch?"

You sighed.

"Yep. Ted seemed pretty ok, though."

Penny had an odd, weirdly relived look on her face.

"Oh. I think he is. I have never talked to him without his brother, though. It is very hard to talk to one without the other. Well, that is not true. If you want to talk to Felix, and he thinks it is worth his time, then you can talk to Felix without Ted. Speaking to Ted by himself, however, is nearly impossible. I do not think anyone ever has."

You looked past Penny, and saw Felix looking around frantically, and Ted elbowing him and pointing at you.

Dangit.

"Ummm, do you know anyone nice around here you could introduce me too?"

Penny's face brightened.

"Of course! Follow me!"

You didn't have to be told twice. You followed Penny over to a short red-headed boy that was unfortunately not  Monty, who groaned.

"Oh come on  Penny, I don't have any contraband!"

Penny smiled.

"I know! Ozzy, this is (Y/N), (Y/N), this is Ozzy."

Before you could say anything, Penny looked over, and saw Monty who was pulling something out of his pocket to give to a short brown haired boy, and walked off without a word.

"Ugh. What do you want, new kid?"

"Um, nothing? Penny said she'd introduce me to some nice people, but then she left.... sooooooo..."

"Ha! Yeah! I'm probably the most sane person here at this school. I'm pretty great, actually. You should hang out with me. Not any of the other nut jobs in here. "

Wow. So humble.

"....yeah."

Wow, am I a yes-man today, or what? 

"Now go away. I'm done talking to you."

Abrupt. Totally not because the author didn't have a reason to end this conversation.

You didn't argue. This dude's humility left a lot of room for improvement. You walked over to see Monty, who was the one person here you weren't either mad at, hiding from, worried about,  or you had no idea about.

"Hey Monty! You okay? What happened with Penny? Were is she?"

Monty chuckled. His face was still bruised pretty badly.

"One question at a time, (Y/N). No idea where Penny went, I'm fine, and Penny confiscated my 14th lighter."

And now, the awkward question..........

"What happened with Felix? He wouldn't tell me."

Monty's POV

Of course he wouldn't tell you, that obnoxious prat! Well he's got another thing coming, because I don't plan to lie to save his skin!