Wait a second.....

3rd person POV

It was then, as Monty and (Y/N) reached (Y/N)' s house, that they realized it was Wednesday.

"SHIT!"

Monty screamed.

"Dr Danner is going to be so pissed!"

They decided it would be better not to let (Y/N)'s mom know they were late. Forgetting dog responsibilities, and ignoring Waffles baleful howls, they darted off down the street, as fast as they could, which, (Y/N) decided not to point out, would have been a lot faster if Monty could walk.

And, as you had guessed, when you and Monty burst through the door to Dr Danner's classroom, 15 minutes late, he seemed less then pleased.

"(Y/N), I would expect this from you, but for you to drag one of my start students down with you.... is a step too far. Study Hall, after school."

Monty opened his mouth, but you shook your head at him subtly.

"It's better I get in a little trouble then him losing his trust in you."

You mouthed at him.

"But it isn't your fault! "

He mouthed back, looking outraged.

"He wouldn't believe you anyway. He doesn't like me!"

"Will you please both take your seats."

Dr Danner boomed.

You shuffled to your seat, trying to look deeply repentant, rather then mildly amused.

Penny gave you a look, which you assumed was supposed to look scolding, but the fact that she was biting her lip, and seeming determined not to giggle, kind of undermined the effect.

"What were you thinking? "

She asked in a mock stern voice.

You giggled.

"I am serious !"

She cried.

You contained your giggles, but still felt your shoulders shaking from silent laughs. Eventually Penny's stern face melted into a smiling one.

"I am glad to see you today, (Y/N)!"

"I'm glad to see you too, Penny."

Penny wrapped her arms around you, and you felt a shiver go up your spine. She was so metalic and cold. It was really very unsettling. 

First period went by relatively normally, with Felix looking over at you constantly, and you pretending not to notice.

As you got up, you were confused to see Carla grabbing your arm, and dragging you out of the classroom, through the hallway past Charlie, who looked very confused, and down to the main hall.

People really need to stop dragging me around.

"Okay. You got me. You win. You can stop hanging out with the metal detector now. Cool?"

Carla huffed.

You had forgotten that talking to Penny had been a dare from Carla. (Dang, that was like, 9 chapters ago!)

"Um, she's nice though? And I kind of like her? Maybe you guys could talk, or-"

Carla's face darkened.

She put her hands on your shoulders, and shook you roughly.

"She. Is. A. Robot."

Carla was wicked scary to begin with, but that look had been 'I'm pissed at the world, am I pissed at you? Probably. Don't piss me off any more or I'll rip your head from your body', but this was 'I AM THE WRATH OF ANGELS. MESS WITH ME, AND I WILL MAKE YOU WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN. NOW BACK UP.'

"Does it really matter?"

You asked in a small voice.

Damnit. A little less then a week ago I was beating the crap out of some kid. Now I can't even talk like I have any self confidence.

"Yes."

And then Carla dragged you into the cafeteria.

But not before you noticed a small boy with brown hair and a blue and white striped shirt staring at you.

Suddenly, you realized that you were holding a paper.

Meet me at the sandbox after school

3:00.

Don't be late.

-Kid

He followed you into the cafeteria, and he gave you a questioning look. Carla was chatting with some girls, so you decided it was safe. You gave him a quick thumbs up, and he smiled slightly.

This will be interesting.

(Sorry it took me so long to publish this, I was doing a lot of stuff, and this was written over the course of a week. Thanks for reading!)