The Huxley Twins

( This will probably be relatively short, but it's going to be almost completely from Felix's perspective (as in using 'I's and whatever) and it's going to be leading up to Ted's 'murder'. Don't worry, he won't die, but still

EDIT: I plan on editing this chapter later to make Felix a lot less yandere. I like to think of him as extremely competitive, and goal oriented, and even possessive, but yandere really isn't what I'm going for. After I finish the book, I'll edit this, but for the mean time you'll have to suffer through it)

Felix (As Was Previously Discussed)

I paced. 

When I'm worried, or angry, I pace. It's something my Mother says I get from my Father. If that is true, it would explain his constant pacing. Having to live with a son as idiotic as Teddy must be difficult for him.

My Mother knew better then to interrupt me, so I was alone. I paced the entrance hall, butlers, maids, and cooks, sneaking looks at me when they thought I wasn't looking. 

The thoughts that raced through my mind were of the 'betrayal, I thought he might be useful for a while longer' variation. I'm was still shocked that my sheep brother would betray me. He didn't tell me where he was going. He spoke to (Y/N) without me. My (Y/N). 

He could have done any number of things.

He could have done embarrassing things (most likely).

He could have said embarrassing things (also a distinct possibility)

Or... he could have accidentally told one of the company's secrets.

Like the children in the basement of the school.

Or the fact that the liquid they were being experimented on with was sold to the Principal by my Father.

I saw my reflection in a jeweled mirror, and realized that my face was creased with worry and anger. I flattened my expression, slightly hooded my eyes, and bent my mouth into a sneer. It was one of the first things my Father taught me how to do.

Look professional.

It was then that Theodore opened the door, and slipped inside. Unlike with me, butlers did not rush to him to hang up his coat. They all still lurked in the shadows.

"Where were you?"

I snarled.

He wouldn't meet my eyes.

"Walk."

He mumbled.

"Speak. Up."

"A walk, Felix. I was on a walk."

I had to work very hard not to show how angry I was. I allowed myself to arch an eyebrow.

"Really? Because Charles told me something quite different."

I sniff. Ah, I noticed that. A look of guilt appeared on his face, only there for a second, but long enough for me to see it.

"You disappoint me Theodore."

I said haughtily. He noticed the lack of my usual 'Teddy'. He grimaced.

"I'm sorry Felix."

He mumbled, still not meeting my eyes.

"But... is it really so bad? For me to spend time with people too?"

He squeaked, and he immediately seemed to realize it was the wrong thing to say. This time I couldn't hide my emotions. My face contorted in rage.

Theodore, my underachieving, unimpressive, unnoticed younger brother spending time with my (Y/N). The person I told him was mine. The girl that is as fierce as my Father one second, and sweet and kind the next. The one who doesn't seem to be affected by me.

The girl that is MINE.

"Do you remember what I told you?"

I asked him, my voice quivering with emotion. Emotion that I haven't shown him in years.

Now Theodore meets my eyes.

"I do. But... sh-she... she isn't.."

He stuttered, trying to say something.

"What? She isn't what?"

I snapped.

"She isn't yours! She isn't just an object that you can own! She's..... really awesome, and kind, and funny, and you can't just say that she belongs to you!"

Theodore exploded. His eyes immediately widened, realizing what he'd just said.

But now I knew. 

He was disposable. He was completely disposable. Anyone who tries to take (Y/N) from me is disposable. Family, friend, ally, enemy..... It doesn't matter. Only her. She is the one thing that makes me feel human. My only chance at happiness. Not success. Not fame. Not financial security. Real happiness.

"You don't know anything!"

I lashed.

"That's why she likes me better! That's why Mother and Father are embarrassed of you! That's why she would never care about you! That is why you. Are. Nothing."

Ted's face paled. It's as if I've just confirmed his greatest fears. One tear drips down his face. He wipes it away quickly.

"Good to know."

He said softly, voice quivery, as if trying to hold back sobs. He pushed by me, and stomped up the stairs to his room. 

I felt no guilt or shame. He would forgive me tomorrow. It was what made him useful. 

He was naive.

And it was going to be his downfall.

Theodore

That was it. 

Everything I'd pushed aside. 

Everything I'd convinced myself wasn't true. 

That my family loved me.

That Felix loved me.

I was still in shock that I'd stood up to Felix.

And it only took 14 years.

A joking voice giggled in my head. It sounded like (Y/N). I laughed hollowly. 

"I guess he sees me as a threat."

I whispered to no one in particular.

I twist my tie in my hands, trying to overcome the crushing sadness that's washing over me.

Now the only question is what to do next.