Chapter 45: The Proposal

Jackson's POV

It was the middle of winter here at Narnia and Christmas was just around the corner. The first snow was super fun since it doesn't snow that much back at home. We all had fun making snowmen, having snowball fights, and just hanging out in the snow. It was fun at first but now the snow was slightly annoying since it caused trade to be delayed and travelling ridiculous.

I was lost in thought while pacing around my office trying to figure out all the things inside my head, Do I really want to do this? Like is this actually a smart idea Jackson? No. Shut up. Don't overthink this. We said that we were going to do this and that's what we're going to do. No backing down now.... But what if she says no? No, don't think like that you big dummy. It'll be fine. But seriously what will I do if she says no??? Shut up Jackson... that's not going to happen. My thoughts were interrupted by someone entering my office

"Hey, Jack. Anna and Zoran said you were looking for me?" said Ariana as she shut the door behind her

"What?? Oh, shit, heyy Ari... yeah that's right, I was looking for you... how are you doing," I said trying my absolute best not to sound worried or nervous

"I'm doing very well... thanks for asking... what did you need from me?" Ariana said while looking very confused

You are fucking this up, Jackson. Get yourself together I thought to myself as I took a deep breath. "Iwaswonderingifyouwantedtogoonasleighridewithme? Like right now,"

"Sorry I didn't catch that. Are you alright Jackson? You're acting very strange,"

"Me what? I'm fine! Just dandy actually. I asked if you wanted to come on a sleigh ride with me right now?"

"Oh! Umm sure! I just happen to have nothing on my schedule for today which is weird. But I'd love to! Let me go grab my cloak and I'll meet you downstairs!" Ariana said excitedly before she hurriedly ran out of the room to go grab her coat

I let out the breath I didn't realise I was holding in. "It's ok Jackson, you have got this. It's just a sleigh ride to her favourite spot by the lake,"

I walked out to the sleigh and sat in it while waiting for Ariana to come out. I was wearing my dark red cloak and thick wool pants to keep me warm. I had on a white dress tunic that was also really warm so I didn't freeze my ass off. The driver of the sleigh walked up to me, "My Lord, would you like me to take you all on the more scenic route? That way you and the Queen get more time alone and the staff has time to set up the hot chocolate and fireplace,"

"Yes, please. Thank you for thinking of that! You and everyone else that's in on this should get a raise,"

The driver laughed, "With all due respect my Lord, that would be the entire castle. Word travels fast around here and I believe Queen Ariana is the only person that doesn't know what's going on,"

"Ah, well thank god for that. It's been so hard keeping this whole thing under wraps and a secret. Going out to get the ring was hard enough,"

"I hope she says yes my Lord. I think you will make the queen very happy,"

"You and me both," and then I heard footsteps coming closer. I turned around to see Ariana walking towards us. She was wearing a Christmas red cloak with white wool around the edges. It matched the green dress that she was wearing.

The driver bowed to her as he finished checking that the horses were secured, "Good afternoon your majesty,"

"Hello, please no need to bow. I don't see why people need to do that every time I approach,"

I laughed, "It's because you're their queen. But hey, you're not the only one who doesn't like it. Anna hates it," I said as I helped her into the sleigh