Chapter 41: Leaving Narnia in the Best Hands

Edmund's POV

The next morning, the castle was extremely quiet. As I walked through the corridors I noticed that literally, everyone was still asleep even though it was almost past breakfast time. I made my way down to the dining room. As I was finishing up my meal the rest of my siblings walked in. Caspian and Susan looked like a typical college couple after a night of partying, Eustace and Peter looked like the walking dead. Lucy on the other hand looks completely fine and well-rested. How on earth does she drink that much and look like a gem in the morning? I thought to myself as Lucy cheerfully greeted me, "Good morning Ed! You certainly look way better than these guys,"

"Oh shut up Lu. Not all of us are as young as you. Some of us know how to have a good time," groaned Peter as he took a sip of coffee

"I partied harder than all of you all and I feel just dandy," Lucy retorted back at Peter

"Shhhhh. Can we take the volume down a couple of notches?" complained Eustace as he put some sunglasses back on

I laughed loudly on purpose. "You all look hilariously terrible. Though it is our first time getting to actually party that hard since we died. So I guess we all should get a pass,"

Susan put her head on Caspian's shoulder. "I think Aslan wanted to see us but he can wait until after I've eaten and had some coffee,"

"We can talk in here. None of the new kings and queens are awake yet,"

We all jumped at the sound of Aslan's voice. He walked around the table and sat down at the head. He shook his head, "You all really do look terrible,"

"I blame alcohol. Yes, I one hundred per cent blame it on the amount of alcohol that was consumed last night," Caspian said

Aslan laughed, "Well that would make sense. Now, I want to talk to you all about today,"

The room got very quiet and everyone stopped eating. It was Lucy who broke the silence, "We're leaving today, aren't we?"

Aslan nodded. "That is correct. You see, they no longer need your help or guidance. We're leaving Narnia in another golden age and in the best hands. So it is time for you to head back to my kingdom,"

"It's funny. When we're at Aslan's Kingdom, we forget that technically it is almost the same as Narnia until we get back here. Then it feels as if we're moving again but we really aren't. I don't know, it's hard to explain," said Peter

We all nodded in agreement. But I think everyone understood why we had to leave. We weren't needed anymore so it was our time to go. "You all have done well in your short time back here. They wouldn't have won without you. But all good things come to an end at some point. You have had your turn here and now live among me and my people. I'm glad you have been able to return to Narnia once more. Let us hope that you won't be needed again for some time,"

As Aslan got up to leave Lucy said, "Thank you, Aslan, for trusting us enough to let us come back knowing we would have the strength not to fight you when you said it's time to go. Thank you,"

He bowed his head and left. The rest of us finished eating in silence. We weren't happy to have to leave again. It's hard every time. But this time for me at least it would sting a little bit more than normal because of what I was leaving behind.

It was early afternoon when the rest of the castle woke up. Even most of the staff hadn't gotten up until the newly crowned kings and queens did. No one seemed to mind though. I walked into the dining room once again, to find Lucy happily chatting with everyone. Haha, they all look similar to how Peter and Eustace looked this morning. It almost looks like they all got hit by the same truck I thought to myself. Zoran looked dead on the inside and his hair was sticking out all over the place. Ray and Ariana both had sunglasses on and were drinking what looked to be a mimosa. Patrick and Jackson looked the worst though. They both had bloodshot eyes, hair unbrushed, and looked like they had been woken up from the dead and weren't happy about it. Anna on the other hand looked like a combination of all of them but seemed to be the most alive since she was the one talking to Lucy, Why am I not surprised?