Chapter 6: Unexpected Love

Anna's POV

We travelled all the next day and by nightfall, Eliza and I had reached the stairs that lead up the cliff. It had been a long day but we didn't run into any trouble. Eliza began to slow down and came to a stop when we reached the first step. "Lady Anna, we should be arriving at base camp in the morning. I happened to know a faster way to get to basecamp. So instead of arriving in two days, we should be there by the afternoon," Eliza said as I dismounted her

"Alright. That sounds good. Hey Eliza, quick question. Why do you call me Lady Anna?" I asked her

"Because you have been chosen as my rider and I respect that. It's also because you're technicality royalty since you were chosen by Queen Lucy,"

"Oh ok. Well, you don't have to call me Lady if you don't want to. But anyway, I'm gonna get some rest. Will you please wake me up if something happens or we need to leave?"

"Of course. Sleep well milady,"

I nodded and got ready to sleep. The river was right next to where we were so I decided to sleep on the shore closer to the stairs. It wasn't too long before I drifted off to sleep. I don't normally dream when I sleep so when I started to dream it was weird. What was even weirder was that it felt so real. It was like I was able to think and control the dream. I was in this place that looked familiar but at the same time, it wasn't. There was a lake in front of me and I was standing on a dock. Behind me was a mini forest and there was a giant willow tree by the edge of the water. I walked to the edge, by the willow tree, and looked out into the lake.

"Well, I didn't think this would work, but it did." said a voice behind me. I had a feeling I knew who it was.

"And what exactly do you mean by that Mr Pevensie? Or should I say, King Edmund the Just?" I said as I turned and smiled at him. "And why are you here if I might add?"

He chuckled, "Edmund is just fine. I was never a fan of all the titles. I wanted to talk to you again in private. Lucy wouldn't let me talk to you when we were by the river, so I thought I would try entering your dream. It worked to my great surprise."

"Wait, wait... so am I dreaming? But if that's true then wouldn't that mean this isn't real,"

"Yes you are dreaming, but that doesn't mean that it can't be real," he said as he took a step closer. "When I first saw you this morning, I thought I was dreaming. You made eye contact with me and the world practically stopped. I also felt this pull or connection to you. I know that you are not my chosen Connection, but I can't help but feel attracted and connected to you,"

I would be lying to myself and him if I said I felt nothing. There was definitely something going on between us. I too felt a strong connection and attraction to him. I had known love once before and that was with Justin. But that wasn't meant to be and it just didn't work out between us. But with Edmund, I wasn't sure if I was feeling the early stages of love and attraction or if it was all in my head. What I was sure about was that I wanted to find out. So why not give in and see what this is? Justin broke your heart, Patrick will never love or like you back, and here's this guy you barely know telling you that he feels attracted and connected to you. Isn't that what every girl wants to hear? Ah fuck it, let's live a little and find out what these feelings are, I thought as I found myself stepping closer to Edmund.

Edmund's POV

(play song 3) She took a step close to me and leaned into my ear, she whispered: "And what exactly are you feeling right now?"

By now, we were both standing almost up against each other. I could feel her warm breath on my chin and I was hoping that she couldn't feel how fast my heart was beating. In a sudden bode of confidence, I whispered back to her, "I feel like doing this," I then gently took her face in my hands and kissed her. I didn't care that I was technically dead and at least a hundred years older than her. I just wanted to feel her here and now. At first, she froze and then to my delight, she kissed me back. I kissed her harder and wrapped my arms around her waist to pull her closer. She then wrapped her arms around my neck while running a hand through my hair. After what felt like several minutes, we broke apart because we were out of breath.

We silently stood in each other's brace for a few minutes before Anna broke the silence, "What are we doing?" she said into my neck

"I don't know but who cares,"

She laughed, "That's true I guess,"

It was only the two of us at that moment and for the first time in my life, I felt something I had never known before. I couldn't put words to what I was feeling but I definitely wanted to figure it out. "Do you want to dance?"

Bewildered, she looked at me and asked, "Did you just ask me to dance when there's no music?"

"It's your dream, Anna. We can do whatever you want to do, see whatever you want to see and hear whatever you want to hear. You're the one in control, I just entered the dream you came up with,"

She tilted her head and thought for a second. Then a gentle song began to play in the air, she made a funny face, "This is all too weird and yet it all makes perfect sense as well. I also never usually dream,"

"Some things just seem to make no sense at all but perfect sense as well at the same time. But enough talk, shall we?" I extended my hand to her. Our hands slowly intertwined, my other hand went to her waist, and her other hand went on my shoulder. We gently began to rock back and forth together. Once we were more comfortable dancing with one another, we began to really dance. She was a natural dancer and moved with such grace and delicacy. I stretched out my arm and spun her. She twirled back in my embrace laughing.

"Why do I have a bad feeling that this is going to end up a disaster for one of us?"

I shook my head and I spun her again, "Well I guess that's a risk I'm willing to take. I know I'm technically dead and can't really be with you. But that doesn't mean I won't fight for a chance to be with you. I've never felt this way and I don't know what I'm feeling but I promise you I will fight for a chance to figure it out,"

"I've never felt this way either. I'm happy, at peace, and somehow feel safe with you even though I just met you. But I'm just going to go with the flow and see what happens. Being in Narnia is crazy enough that I think going with the flow is the best thing to do," she laughed at that last sentence.

"Yeah, I guess that works. Whatever you want to do is fine with me,"

"Yeah, let's just enjoy each other for right now," she laid her head on my chest and we just gently swayed back and forth.

I looked over the top of her head and saw the sun was peeking out from the water's horizon. I then kissed her again. But this time it was shorter than the last one. That was only because I knew I had to go, the morning was fast approaching. I don't want to leave her. I was still hugging her close to my body. "Anna, I have to go," I mumbled softly into her hair.

"Why?" she asked while keeping her head in my chest, without any intentions of moving. We continued to sway.

"Because morning is coming and you're about to wake up,"

"Oh ok. But will I see you again? And if so, when?"

"Yes, you will see me again soon. I will try to come to you in your dreams as much as I can," I said as I started to move away from her. I held her at arm's length and she smiled up at me.

Smirking she said, "You better Mr Pevensie,"

"Of course," I then stepped back and began walking away from her to the end of the dock. Right before I left I turned around and waved at her. Then I was walking back into Aslan's kingdom.