Chapter 35: The Old Take Action

Edmund's POV

I saw what was hopefully Anna's army returning to Adam's castle. I went down to where Lucy was talking with the rest of the group. "They're back! At least I think it's them... it doesn't look like Adam's army that is," I rush out as they stared at me

"Why don't you take Phillip here and go find out Ed," suggested Peter

"Right... I'll do that then. What are you going to do while I'm off bringing them back?"

"Holding down the fort here and enjoying each other's company. Now go see if it's them, Ed," laughed Lucy as she walked toward the entrance to open the door to let Phillip and I out.

"Alright, I'm going" I turn Phillip around and head out. I rode through the town and across the field toward what should be Ariana's army coming back from a victory. Then I saw her, Anna was riding Eliza and looked to be just fine. I saw her look at me with a confused look. I smiled and rode right up to her. "Why hello again,"

"Edmund? What on earth are you doing here? I thought you returned to Aslan's kingdom," asked a very confused Anna

"Well we can all explain it all to you but first, we have a castle to get too. I'm sure you'll love it," We rode on together and entered the castle town. By now word had spread that the war was over and Adam had been defeated. People began to flood the streets, they were cheering and clapping.

"Make way for the true queen of Narnia!" called out one of the merchants. People parted ways for her and the armies. They began throwing flowers at her and cheering as she walked by them. Children were running out to see all of us. Looking up at us with big eyes filled with wonder. What was once a dark and gloomy town was now a bright and happy town filled with light. We approached the castle and I turned to Anna to see her smiling from ear to ear looking relaxed and happy. We all dismounted our horses and headed inside to see.

Once inside, Lucy came running up to all of us and hugged Anna. "Oh, I knew you'd be alright! I just knew that you'd come to fully use your powers and all!"

"Lu give her some space to breathe," laughed Susan as the rest of my siblings approached our group.

"How was holding down the fort Pete?" I asked

"Not too bad Ed. Now, why don't we all head to the conference room? There is much to be discussed," Once all seated and settled in the conference room, "Now I bet you all are confused as to why myself, Susan, Edmund, Lucy, and Caspian are still here after we said we were leaving,"

"Well that is the question of the hour," said Zoran while putting his feet on the table

"Well let us explain then," I said then thought back to the events that had only just recently taken place.

An hour ago during the battle...

"Peter remind me again why we aren't helping them in the actual battle?" I asked as we walked toward the back and unguarded part of the castle.

"Aslan told us that there was a better way to help out during battle that'll at least even the playing field. So we're going to do as he says Ed,"

"That doesn't mean I have to be happy about it,"

"Ed just think of it as we're helping them another way and making sure Anna and Ariana aren't in a lot of pain,"

"I guess," I said as I got my grappling hook ready and then shot it straight at the top of the wall. I watched the rest of my siblings do the same. Only Eustace seemed to struggle a bit with the device but he too managed to get his hooked.