Chapter 15: Eliza's Return

Zoran's POV (meanwhile...)

After the battle, we all headed back to the temporary camp for lunch. Why on earth did Anna have to go on her own? Couldn't she have at least taken a guard? I thought to myself as we all headed to eat. Then I heard my name being called.

"Hey, Zoran! Are you coming to eat?" asked Justin as he ran ahead to the mess hall.

"Yeah! I starved after that battle," I said as I took my seat next to ray. I gave her a kiss on her temple. "You did a good job-fighting today. I was thoroughly impressed by what you learned while we were away," I said to her while grabbing a chicken leg.

"Aww thanks, babe!" she said while blushing a bit. "How did everyone else feel about the battle?"

"It wasn't too bad. A little surprising on how bloody it was and how different the movies make battles out to be" said Patrick as he started on his second chicken leg

"Yeah I agree, it wasn't too bad. I've been in worse battle before," said Justin

Just then, Jackson came in and put his hands on his head. "I just totally ruined my chances with the princess if I even HAD any at all. Ugh... what have I done?" then he put his head on the table. Ray patted his back.

"Don't beat yourself up, Jackson. You were just following orders and did what Anna told you to do. You didn't exactly have a choice and even though we only just met her... I don't think that the Princess will hold that against you. Just give it some time. In the meantime, eat some chicken and get some rest," said Ray as she piled some food on his plate.

"Yeah, I hope you're right" sighed Jackson as he took the plate and started eating. So then everyone fell into a nice conversation and finished lunch together peacefully.

After lunch, we all got up to head to our sleeping tents. But then there was a lot of commotion down by the entrance of the camp. That sounds like a loose horse or something. I wonder what's going on right now? I thought to myself as I headed over to where the commotion was.

I went to the front of the camp. Just then, Eliza came running into the middle of camp looking frantic, scared, and tired. I looked around and then realised Anna nor the spy was with her. They were nowhere to be found. That's odd. Anna should be here I thought to myself. I began to panic, "Where the fuck is she?!?!" I yelled at the horse.

Everyone came rushing up to me. "Zoran, why on earth are you yelling?" said Ariana who had come out of her tent since Jackson had brought her back to the camp.

"Anna is not here. She is missing and the spy ain't here either. So where the fuck is she!?!? I know there's no way she walked back. So where is she!" I exclaimed to the group.

Patrick walked up to Eliza and touched the sword and crossbow that was left on her saddle. Then he wiped around and faced us. "Her sword and crossbow are tied to the saddle," he turned back around and faced Eliza. "Eliza, where is she? She would never go anywhere without her weapons. So where is she?"

Eliza started scraping the ground with her hoof and looked down at the ground. She then looked directly at me and said, "I'm so sorry"

I started to fall down. I grabbed Ray for support, "No. No no no nooooo" I cried out falling to the ground

"Zoran, shut up for a second. We don't know what happened. Let Eliza tell us what happened first" said Ariana

"I'm sorry. I tried to stop her. I really did. But it was a trap. We had no idea it was meant for someone to get captured" said Eliza

"What do you mean captured?" said Justin who had only just shown up to see what was going on.

"Let me explain. So as you all saw, Anna and I left to go after that spy. Well, it turns out, that spy wasn't a spy and was pretending to be one. But we didn't realise that until too late. I tried so hard to get away but you see, we were already pretty tired from the battle so we weren't able to outrun them. And then--"