Chapter 19: Losing Hope

Anna's POV (play song 16)

It had been at least a month since I had been captured and taken to Adam's castle. Every day since my first day here has almost been the same. I wake up in my prison cell, get dragged to the torture chamber, tortured, and then dressed up and prepared to sing for Adam's shows and be his beautiful call girl. Every day I get weaker and weaker. I'm slowly losing hope. I had some but once Aslan didn't recognize me, well, that went away too.

Today is no different. I had already experienced my daily torture session But Adam wanted me performing five performances today. The Sparkling Lady, two Kpop dance numbers, Aqua, and Lost in Thoughts. It was killing me. But, of course, I was given the Strength Serum. Marissa walked up to me. She weakly smiled, "At least you're done with four of your dances"

I scoffed and looked away, "You here to drug me up again?"

"Well, when you put it like that...then yeah, unfortunately," she said while pulling out the syringe and getting my arm ready for the injection.

I look like a fucking drug addict... well, that's because I am at this point I thought to myself as she stuck the syringe into my arm. I felt my muscles that were exhausted, gain their strength, I saw the bruises go away, and I felt energetic. It was time to perform again. (play song 17)

I came on stage and I was dancing for the king and his audience. I was twirling and doing flips. Basically, making a spectacle for him. I hated it, every second of it. Ever since he figured out that one of his performers were using magic to make him weak, he required all performers to wear ankle/wrist cuffs that would send an electric shock through your body if you tripped up. It was risky to weaken him again but I did it anyway. And that's why everyone is paying the price now. It's my fault.

I continued dancing and singing, but I knew that it wasn't my best performance. Shit. Adam knows it too because he does not look happy at all. I thought to myself as I continued to dance my way through the night. I felt a shock go up my leg as I was doing my set of spins. I almost stumbled out of them but I managed to keep on smiling and dancing. But it hurt like a bitch.

I finished the performance but deep down I knew that Adam was pissed. It was not my best and I struggled to keep up. At least the audience didn't notice and still clapped at the end. I walked backstage after I did my trick to vanish off the stage at the end. I saw Marissa waiting for me in my dressing room. "You're not usually here after my last act. What do you need?"

"Well, I have some bad news," I sighed and started taking off my costume as she continued, "Adam wants to see you in... well, in The Room"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "Of course he does. Well that's expected after that performance. Anything else?"

"No. But do you want more Serum? I can see it beginning to wear off and this time you aren't going back to your cell to rest,"

"No. If he plans on doing what I think he's going to do... well, I don't need the strength to fight back. If I'm lucky I'll pass out midway and it'll be a quick session"

"Alright, if you say so. You're worrying me though,"

I sighed as I put back on the rags I wore whenever I wasn't in costume. "I'm fine. Just tired that's all. It's not every day I have to perform five songs, three of them back to back"

Marissa walked over with my shackles, she put them on me. "Well, I do suppose that is true. Let's get you there and afterwards, I'll come by with some food and water from the kitchen. I should be able to sneak some out tonight"