Chapter 13: The Chase

Anna's POV (Play song 9)

As soon as I saw that the spy had taken one of the radios and possibly knew other information, I knew that I had to stop him. So I went against my better instinct and went after him... alone. Well so much for sticking together I guess. But getting this guy is way more important I thought to myself as I galloped after the spy.

"My lady, what made you think he was a spy?" asked Eliza as we galloped faster to catch up with him.

"Well here's the thing, He tried to leave the battle early and I saw him take a radio. So that's reason enough in my book to know something is up. And did you see how he looked terrified after we started chasing him?" I asked Eliza

"Well, that is true. Do you think he'll be hard to fight or catch?"

"No, not really. He's clearly very muscular and well built. I'd say he's about 6 feet give or take. I saw a glimpse of red hair and darker skin. So if we do fight I'd say it would be a pretty fair one unless I chose to use my fire. Which I'll only do if I get mad enough. I can't risk them finding out I'm the Phoenix too soon. We still can use that to our advantage when the time comes. But for now, we still have to be extremely careful"

"Sounds good. Oh, look at his horse tripped! We got him now m' lady"

We rode faster and harder. Jumping over every branch, fallen trees, and other debris. We were catching up to him. The trees were flying by me the faster we went. They barely looked like trees, that's how fast we were going. The sun was beginning to set and I was pretty worn out. I hope this ends quickly. I'm tired and hungry at this point

But unfortunately thanks to my luck I heard more horses behind me and that was something I was not expecting. Then I realized something... "FUCK! Eliza, it's a fucking trap! They staged the spy!"

"What!?! Are you sure my lady?" asked Eliza

"I'm positive. I sense and now hear more riders coming up on our sides"

"What do you want to do? Head back or keep going to see what happens?"

"Mother fucker I always fall for dumb shit like this. Argh. Shit shit shit. Give me a minute to think but keep following the so-called spy"

"Yes ma'am I'll also try to avoid the newcomers which I hear coming in on our left and right and right behind us," said Eliza as she pushed herself to the limit to get us ahead of the newcomers and on the tail of the spy

I had finally come to a decision. "Eliza, make it look like you're following the spy. But the second you see an opportunity to turn around do. Understood?"

"Yes. Then head back to camp?"

"Yeah that's right," I said as I continued to figure out what to do about the newcomers. Just then they appeared out of nowhere blocking all our paths. There were 7 of them, 8 if you included the spy. "Fuck this. Eliza! Turn around and take control. I have some idiots to deal with!"

Then one of them cried out "We got em boys! Cut her completely off"

"Yes sir" cried another one

Eliza managed to turn around and was running in the direction we came from. She was in total control as I had taken out my sword ready to fight these guys myself. Now let's see which one of you is the leader... I thought to myself as they too turned around and were getting closer to us. If we weren't so damn tired we might stand a chance outrunning them

Eliza was jumping over more fallen trees, dodging the arrows that were being fired at us, and controlling where we were going. It was a lot to manage and she was slowing down. "Eliza! Keep going no matter what happens. Of course my lady! But what on earth do you even mean by that?"