Chapter 25: Don't Let Go

Edmund's POV

It had been two days since Anna had been brought back to the camp, she still was asleep in a coma. She did look peaceful though. Why is it that whenever someone is sleeping, they look so peaceful? I thought to myself as I took a seat by her bedside once again. Patrick walked in. He and I had been taking turns staying with her. We hadn't talked or anything but never both sat by her side at the same time. Usually one goes to get food while the other one stays put. Today, however, I wasn't hungry and thought I would stay.

"You know, I was hesitant to pick you as my regeneration person thing, but now I see that I made a good choice,"

Patrick looked up at me, "What made you hesitant?"

"Well, when I was in school, I was always the outsider and the quiet one, yet you were the popular outgoing one. But I could sense that deep down you felt uncomfortable being in the spotlight 24/7 and want peace and serenity. You wanted to hide behind the fake you and would do anything to make your friends happy. It was that dedication that made me pick you,"

"You would do anything for your family?"

"Yes, after the biggest mistake of my life, I told myself that I would never betray them again and to always put their interests and safety first,"

"You betrayed your family? How? And how did you cope with that?"

"Well during my first trip to Narnia, I met the White Witch first. Since I had never been to Narnia, I well... I got tricked into selling my family to her. I barely escaped with my life. I was forgiven of course by Aslan and my siblings, but I've never fully forgiven myself. Which is why my happiness comes second to my family's,"

"Wow. That's... that's quite a story. I can't imagine going through what you went through. I'm glad that you've been forgiven. It must've been hard,"

"Yeah. There are some people in the world though that don't ever judge a person by their past," I smiled and looked at Anna, "Anna is one of those people. She knew my past and didn't judge me for it. I was gonna bring it up with her but she said I didn't need to because she wants to know the person I am now. It's one of the things I lov- like. Like about her,"

"She is amazing like that. In school, she never treated me like one of the popular kids. Granted we only have homeroom together, but whenever we would have the occasional conversation she would always talk to me like a normal person and not like the girls who all they wanna do is either get into my pants or just be my friend to be popular,"

I hummed and then nodded. I was about to say something when Susan came into the tent. She had some new flowers for the vase on Anna's bedside table. "Hey Sue, what's up?"

"Nothing much. Oh except that Aslan wants to speak with you Ed. Don't ask me about what cause he wouldn't tell me. But he is in by the mess hall,"

I got up to leave, nodded bye to Patrick and Susan, and then left the tent giving Anna's hand one last squeeze. I walked over to the mess hall to find Aslan majestically sitting while also sunbathing. "Ah, I see that Susan found you then,"

"Yes, she did and said you wanted to talk to me,"

"Yes I do, come, let us take a walk together," I nodded and followed him into the nearby forest. "I see that you nor Patrick has left her side,"

"Well yes, I think he too likes her. I'm not 100% sure though. Anyway, what is it you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Ah yes, always straight to the point with you," he fell silent for a second, "Time is of the essence here and it is vital that Anna wakes up soon. I have an idea that I wanted to run by you,"