Chapter 14: Taken

Anna's POV (play song 10)

I woke up after I could feel I was being lifted up. I opened my eyes and it was really bright. I was put on top of a horse. Then the one in the black cloak who I thought was a spy, came up to me. "Now, we're taking you to Adam. You better behave or this journey isn't going to go fast or smoothly"

I just glared at him and didn't respond because I was still handcuffed and gagged. They took off the ropes on my feet though so I could properly sit on the horse. They then tied my feet to the saddle. Then the black on put a black blindfold over my eyes. The world became dark again. At least I can still hear. They'll never take me once I get free. They took off my gag once they put on the blindfold. "Somebody help me!!! HELP!!! HELP ME!!!" I shout in the air the second they took off the gag.

"What the fuck! Shut her up now! Put the gag back on this instant!" cried the one in the black cloak

I fought them as they put the gag back on. But it was hard as I was blindfolded and handcuffed. The second they had gotten the gag back on my mouth, we started moving. I had no idea where we were headed or how long it would take to get to Adam's castle seeing as we were in a completely different part of the river and battlefield. We travelled for what seemed like forever and I was exhausted. I tried multiple times to get my blindfold off, only to be punched by whoever was riding next to me. It must have reached nightfall because I could feel us stopping and then I was thrown off of my horse. I struggled against them. My gag and blindfold was taken off. But this time I just glared at them.

"Ah so she finally shuts up" said the one in blue

"Quiet Gabriel. Don't antagonise her" said the one they called Bossman

"Ah man. You're no fun" said Gabriel

The one in a red came up to me with food and tried to feed it to me. I wouldn't open my mouth so when I was forced to eat it, I spit it out. "If you think I'm gonna eat or drink anything you give, well you're sadly mistaken," I said as I tired to get the disgusting taste out of my mouth

"Ah and she speaks" said Gabriel

"So, I wonder if she's good in bed" said the one in green who then licked his lips

"Shut up Luke. No one is laying a hand on her. She's a prisoner of war and Adam said to make sure they make it back in one piece. Lay a hand on her, you answer to him" said the boss

Everyone fell silent. I turned to the bossman, "thank you," I said, actually really grateful. He scuffed.

"That wasn't for you. I did that so I won't get in trouble. Now get some rest and we set out again tomorrow"

I nodded and layed down to try and get some sleep. I wasn't that comfortable because I was tied up to a rock and they had retied my feet. Might as well try to sleep and rest up 'cause who knows when I'll be able to do this again I thought to myself as I closed my eyes to sleep.

I awoke to be pulled to my feet and shoved back onto a horse. I had been gagged and blindfolded once again. I felt cold and it was so dark that I knew the sun was not up due to how cold it was. I'm so tired I barely slept. I thought to myself as I rode with the caravan. This continued on all day. I heard Luke and Gabriel talk the most. The others were pretty quiet which was nice in a way. Every hour I would try and get free. I could feel that the ropes were causing my hands and wrists to get cuts and bleed. ANd everytime I tried to get free, I was beaten back down. I felt us stop. Maybe we're stopping for the night? I thought to myself

"Luke! What are you doing? I told you, we're traveling through the night. I want to get there in less than a week. Now get moving," called the boss

"Awe but I'm tired and so is Misty here. She needs to rest cause she's carrying the prisoner" Luke called back

"That is tough luck. Get back on your horse and lets keep moving"

I had no idea what time it was, how much time had passed, or where we were going. I knew that it was raining though because I was soaking wet, cold, and I could hear thunder. Everytime the thunder struck I jumped a little bit. It was always unexpected since I couldn't see the lightning to warn me about it. But we kept going and pushing further. Finally after what seemed like days, we stopped.

When I was lifted off the horse and tossed to the ground. Luckily someone came to me to take off the blindfold but left the gag on. It was the one in a red cloak . "Do you want some food?" he said then whispered, "I'm sorry this is happening to you. I'm John by the way and I'm only here because of my brother Luke. Nod if you want some food though," So I did nod and he smiled.

"Hey John leave the prisoner alone" called out Luke.

"She's hungry and it's been three days at least since she's eaten. Let's just give her some food and water" said John

I looked over and saw the boss man nod. John then removed my gag, but let my hands stay tied as well as my feet. "Thank you, John"

"It's no problem," he said as he gave you some soup which I ate like it was my favourite dish because I was starving. "Now I would try and get some sleep. Who knows how long it'll be before the boss over there let's us rest. It might not be until we reach the castle"

"How long will that be?" I asked weakly

"About three days"

"Thank you," I said as I layed down to sleep. Once again, before it was light out, I was brought to my feet and put on top of the horse they called Misty. I was blindfolded and gagged again. Then we kept going. I could only guess where we were, which was in the mountains or somewhere with lots of hills. We were going up and down, up and down. At some point it was really hot because I was splashed with water all over my face. Then when it got really cold at night, I was given a blanket. But we never stopped moving. We travelled through the heat, the cold, rain, and even a bit of snow. We never stopped.

It seemed like it had been weeks since I was last with my brother, Patrick, and everyone else. But I knew I was somewhere different. I had been listening the entire trip but nothing really was interesting to hear. All I heard was Luke and Gabriel entertaining each other during the trip. But then I heard something different. It sounded like people being busy and moving around, but it also had a sort of gloomy feeling to it as well. Then I heard sweet music to my ears, "Open the gate!" then the sounds of a gate being lowered onto the ground. Then we raced over the gate. At this point I could tell we had arrived at least in the castle's town.

"Thank god we finally made it" I heard Gabriel say to the group

"Yeah we finally made it. Now hurry up to Adam's place. We don't want to have to keep him waiting any longer," said the boss

"Yes sir" I heard John say as he pulled my horse along faster

I heard many gates open, horse hooves on cobblestones, people whispering, and guards shouting orders. Then I felt my horse stop and the boss address everyone, "get her off the horse and follow me"

I felt myself get pulled off of Misty and then forced to my feet. I was dragged forward, still blinded by whatever they put over my eyes. I almost tripped when I was walking and hit a stair on a staircase."Get up," said the boss who must've taken the rope from John and yanked me up. I continued up the stairs until I was told to stop.

"This is where Adam wants you. You better behave for the king" said the boss as he took off my blindfold and then literally threw me into the room. I stumbled before I fell down and hit my head. I looked around and saw I was in some sort of bedroom chambers. I had no idea where I was or what was going to happen. All I knew was I had to keep quiet about everything no matter what was going to happen.