Chapter 28: Just a Girl and a Boy

Anna's POV

The meeting had finished and by then I was exhausted. I bet Ariana is really pissed off at me. Thank god for Jackson though. He's the only one who might be able to calm her down. I thought to myself as I put my head down on the table. "Are you alright Lady Anna? Would you like to go back to your room? The doctor said it's alright to go back, you just have to an IV drip during the night,"

I sat up surprised and looked at the maid. I guess she came in after everyone left. Interesting, my instincts aren't as sharp. I must actually be exhausted. "Thanks for that information. But I think I will be going on a run or walk,"

"But miss, the doctor said you have to take it slow and careful!"

I laughed for a second then coughed as the maid looked at me funny, "Don't worry, I won't go on an actual run. A light jog if anything,"

"Oh ok. I'll go get your guards to accompany you,"

"Oh please no that's not nes-,"

"It's alright, I'll accompany her. No guards needed," I turned at the sign at the sound of the newcomer's voice.

I turned and saw that it was Patrick. The maid nodded and left the tent as quickly as she came. "You know, you don't have to come. I'm perfectly capable of going on a walk by myself,"

"Yeah I know. But I thought you might like some company. Plus I haven't gotten to see you or spend time with you since I got kicked out of the tent by Edmund the day you woke up,"

I smiled, "You're right. I'd love some company. Let's go to the creek, shall we?"

We reached the creek a little while later. The creek was rather large to be considered a creek. It even had a mini waterfall where we were standing. The weather was still sunny out but it was hot and a bit humid. I was in my general's outfit which was black boots, long pants with spandex shorts underneath, a white tunic, and a black leather jacket. I was incredibly hot. I bet Patrick is just as hot as I am, he's in a tunic and undershirt plus long pants and boots like me. I smirked at Patrick. "What?" he asked

"Let's go for a swim,"

"Seriously? In these clothes? We'd drown, Anna,"

"Well then strip. That's what I'm doing," I said while taking off my jacket and then shirt. Patrick blushed and turned around. I laughed, "Did you actually think I was gonna completely strip? I'm not that dumb,"

"Oh," he said turning around hesitantly, "I was just taking precautions since you know, I value my life and didn't want Zoran murdering me in my sleep,"

"I'm wearing spandex and a sports bra. So it should be fine. Plus what he doesn't know won't kill him," I then dove into the water. I turned around after resurfacing just to see Patrick take off his shirt. I knew I was staring but was hoping he didn't catch me staring.

"You know, if you wanted to see me shirtless you could've just asked," he said while giving me a cocky grin. I blushed. Then he dove into the water as well.

"Well I had to see if the rumours we true," I said as he swam over to me

"Oh? And what rumour would that be?"

"Umm... um... the rumour that... your abs are either non existence or the one where you're abs are made entirely up of steel,"

"Oh is that so?" he swam closer to me so that he was right in front of my face, "What about my--," but before he could finish I splashed water in his face then back away. "Oh get back here you are so gonna get it!"

He chased me as I tried swimming away from him. Laughing I splashed more water at him and only swam faster. I swam away from back toward the small waterfall that was at the creek. I turned around to see how close Patrick was. Only, he wasn't that close to me and I didn't see any sign of him, "Patrick?" I waited for an answer, "Patrick? Where are you?"