Chapter 18: The Sparkling Lady

Aslan's POV

It had been at least three or four weeks since Anna was taken away. Lucy still couldn't see or sense her through the looking glass. I knew that she was in terrible danger. I couldn't help but wonder if there was really anything I could do. I went up to the Kings and Queens of Old. "I have to leave for a few days. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. But I have to go talk to Ariana about a situation happening. So I'll be back soon."

Everyone nodded. They all knew where I was going, except for Edmund who still didn't know that Anna had been captured. I left the living room where everyone was and walked up to the viewing room. I reached the mirror and tapped it. The glass became liquid and I walked right through it.

(Play song 11 and 12) When I reached the other side I noticed that I was no longer in my lion form, but I was in a human form. It was the easiest way to disguise myself from the enemy. I headed for the castle which was a little stroll away. As I got closer to the castle, I could hear the music of Adam's show and I saw the line to get in. I walked right up to the front. Then subtly waved my hand and used my powers to get in. Once I walked in, I looked around. It was a classic theatre with clubbing vibes. There was a stage for the performers, the show had already started, and where the orchestra and front few rows of seats were supposed to be, was an area for dancing. It was already pretty crowded. The people who were on the stage were dressed as strippers. I looked around for a place to sit.

I found a box that was empty and had a good view of the stage. I looked to my right and saw King Adam entering his box. He was wearing a red button-up shirt with a black suit. His bodyguards surrounded the box and stood tall. I took my seat as the lights dimmed. Then a single spotlight came on. Then a swing came down, with a girl on it, from the ceiling. She was wearing a sparkling silver dress with black leggings, a top hat, black gloves and high black heels. At first, I couldn't see her face, but everyone started to make catcalls at her. (play song 13) Then she started to sing

Everyone is glad to die for love

The lights suddenly came on and she started to swing around the room. Then I saw her face... it was Anna.

A kiss on the hand may be quite continental

But diamonds are a girl's best friend

A kiss may be grand but it won't pay the rental on your humble flat

Or help you feed your own pussy cat

Men grow cold as girls grow old

And we all lose our charms in the end

But square-cut or pear shape these rocks don't lose their shape

Diamonds are a girl's best friend

Anna started swinging around the room and doing tricks on the swing. She looked like an acrobat while flipping over the bar of the swing and dancing on it. She looked like a natural while swinging and dancing. She was flirting with the men on the dance floor. She was putting on a show but something didn't feel right.

There may come a time when a lass needs a lawyer

But diamonds are a girl's best friend

There may come a time when a heart-boiled employer thinks you're awful nice

Get that ice or else no dice