Chapter 34: The Victory

Anna's POV

I stood there bewildered as to why Aslan was back. It takes magic for him to be here, so why is he here? Adam's machine will be thriving off on all the magic-- except I was able to turn into a phoenix no problem. Oh, that must mean... I thought to myself as I stared at Aslan.

He nodded at me, "Ariana will not have to defeat her own brother, I will do it for her," said the majestic lion. Then he jumped at Adam who then tried wrestling with Aslan. Only to be pinned to the ground by Aslan. "Any last words?"

Adam then spits in his face, Aslan growled and bared his teeth. Aslan then got off him and stared him down. He roared at Adam, and a white light appeared to be striking at Adam. Adam began to scream in agony, then in a blink of an eye, Adam was gone. All that was left was a small pile of grey dust that was being blown away from the wind.

I at first just stood there stunned but they smiled. Oh my god. He's gone. I'm free... I'm safe I thought to myself as I looked around the circle of people. Some were celebrating. I could see Ariana crying happy and I guess sad tears. She was with Jackson and they were hugging. Ariana then grabbed Jackson's face and gave him a deep kiss, I totally called that and knew it was coming, I thought to myself while smiling. I looked around for my brother. I found him searching for me as well and then I was tackled by him. I laughed "Zoran! Put me down!" I laughed out while he lifted me in the air.

"No can do little sis. We just, one survived a war and two, we won the war! So yes there is reason to celebrate!" he did put me down and I turned to see where the one person who I had been wanting to see since Adam got killed.

All of a sudden I was hugged from behind and I immediately relaxed. Patrick, I smiled to myself. "Thank god you're ok. I couldn't see the fight since I was helping Duralgias keep back the oncoming army. It worked and they're laying down their arms but I couldn't see--"

I cut him off with a kiss. "I'm fine. If anything I was terrified for you,"

"What? You were, why?"

"Because while I might be the best fighter, I have no idea if it was enough to make sure you didn't get hurt or something. Oh my god, are you hurt? Did you get injured?" I rush out as I turn around to inspect his body.

"Anna, I'm fine. Not even a scratch. Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. Just a couple bruises and cuts. Maybe a small slice on my side but nothing major," I say smiling and grabbing his hand to bring him to where everyone was gathering. Aslan was standing in the centre with Ariana next to him. We go up and stand to the side of Ariana and Aslan.

Aslan steps forward and the small chatter and celebrating ceases to a halt. "Everyone, the war is over and Adam's army is laying down their arms. I'd like to introduce you to your new queen of Narnia! Queen Ariana Bell!"

Everyone around began to cheer and clap. Ariana stepped forward, "There will be a proper coronation ceremony for me and for the Kings and Queens of New," she paused for a second then smiled. "And of course there will be a celebration in the form of a ball afterwards,"

Wait... We're being crowned during a coronation ceremony? I thought as I looked at Patrick and he looked equally confused. "Did you know about us being crowned or some shit like that?" I asked

"No, I had no idea we were gonna be made kings and queens. But I'm fine with it. I mean at least the war is over and all,"

"Yeah, it is. Plus Adam is gone now to that's great," I half mumble while rubbing my arms up and down, looking away from Patrick for a moment

"Hey hey, what's wrong?" he asked while pulling me into a hug

"It's nothing. Just, I'm not sure. Don't worry about it, ok? Now come on! We have a castle to take back and apparently a coronation ceremony," I smiled at him as I mounted my horse.

"Alright, let's go then!"

We were riding back to what was Adam's Castle and now ours. I rode up next to Ariana, "So when were you gonna mention that I'm a future queen?"

She threw her head back and laughed a bit, "I wasn't going to bring it up until the time was right. Knowing you, you've would've gotten spooked or something like that,"

"You have a point there. But why us? Why make us equal rank or something?"

"Well, without you I don't think I would've won the war. So you deserve the chance to help me rule and the honour of being a queen of Narnia. You all do really. Plus, you're the kings and queens of old replacement so there's that too,"

"That's true. So are this coronation and ball a fancy dress type thing? Like, am going to be forced to wear a dress?"

Ariana snorted and giggled a bit, "honestly you probably will have two dresses. One for the ceremony and then one for the ball,"

"Oh god, you're kidding, right?" I groaned as I rolled my eyes

"You're going to be a queen soon. I'd get used to the idea of wearing dresses, my friend"

I laughed at that, "That is true. I suppose that's what queens are expected to do." I went silent for a second looking up at the sky before addressing Ariana again, "What do you think they're up to? Back in Aslan's kingdom, I mean. What do you suppose they think of this outcome?"

"Why don't you ask them yourself?"

"What are you talking about Ariana? They went back to Aslan's kingdom. They couldn't possibly be he--" I stopped talking at the sight of a figure that looked a lot like Edmund on a brown horse riding toward us. It can't be, can it?