Chapter 26: Awake

Anna's POV

"Edmund?" I said while holding his hand. He turned around looking shocked and then I looked around the room, "Where am I? What's going on? What happened?"

Then I heard a deep chuckle from then end of my bed. It was Aslan, "Welcome back my child. Now let's get your brother in here before he murders us for not telling him you've woken up,"

I nodded and was still incredibly confused. I lifted my arm to take off the oxygen mask I noticed I had on. I winced and Edmund saw, "here, let me do it for you,"

"I'm just a little sore that's all. I can't be that injured,"

"Well ummm--"

Edmund was cut off by someone entering the tent, "ANNA!!!"

"Hello big brother," I tried to wave but it hurt to move. Zoran looked at me with concern

"Has someone notified the doctor? I want Dr Wen to examine her now that she's awake,"

"Oh my god Zoran calm down I'm fine. Just a little bruised up that's all,"

"JUST A LITTLE BRUISED UP?!?! Anna you went into a coma for two days!!! They had to perform surgery on you. You literally have like two different diagnoses on top all your external injuries. You aren't just a little bruised. Don't say that it's bullshit,"

"Zoran I feel fine so I am fine. Now why won't you just accept that?"

"Because NO ONE would be fine if they went through what you went through? Shit the doctor couldn't even figure what you went through. He has theories but he really has not clue. Why don't you just get it over with and tell us what happened? What did you go through and stop pretending that nothing happened!"

"Maybe I'm saying fine because I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT?!?!?!" I yelled at Zoran but then winced because I had sat up and jolted. The room went silent. By now everyone had pretty much made their way into the medical and were now all staring at me and Zoran. I glared at him and Zoran got up and stormed out. Ray was quick to follow him. Then a fanus walked in with a lab coat and I assumed that he was the doctor.

"If I may, I would like to speak to my patient alone,"

Everyone got up and left except for Aslan, Lucy and Ariana. "I would rather just speak to Lady Anna alone if that's alright?"

"No wait, Aslan can stay,". The doctor nodded and the others walked out. Then he walked over with a chart in his hand. I nodded for him to examine me. He checked my breathing, heart rate, and blood pressure.

"Lady Anna, my name is Dr Gunzun Wen. You have what we call Aethereal Madness and Venenatio Rubra. You also have a bunch if external injuries as well. So, Aethereal Madness is when a person thinks that reality is a dream or simulation and Venenatio Rubra, better known as Scarlet Poisoning, is the poisoning of the blood via a drug or poison. After that short exam I just gave you and the fact that you are able to talk to us, I believe the Aethereal Madness has passed for the most part. I looked at and ran some labs on your blood and found that you have a green liquid and a black liquid running through your veins. Upon further investigation we found that it might be a ser--"

"Serum. It's two types of serum. One is called the Strength Serum and the other is the Fear Serum. I know the side effects/consequences of the Strength Serum. Whenever I used it, it would give me strength but take away more than it gave me when it wears off. I have no idea what the Fear Serums effects are,"

"That would explain the withdrawal symptoms, your malnutrition, and how weak you were when you came in. You technically should be dead. You have Humphrey to thank for that. Well I'm going to look further into this. For now Lady Anna, you need to rest and recover from the injuries and surgery. So no training of any kind,"