Chapter 17: Silence

Author's Warning: This chapter contains graphic descriptions of someone getting tortured. I will put stars where the scene begins for those uncomfortable reading it. You can skip until the next set of stars if that makes you feel better.

Anna's POV

"You better behave for the King," said the bossman before slamming the door. I looked around the room and it was some sort of bed-chamber. Everything was blood-red coloured. I was leaning against a chair that was in the middle of the room. What an unusual layout for a bedroom I thought to myself. Then I noticed that I was bleeding from my lip seeing as my blood was on the chair. Great. Just then the door opened and someone walked in.

It was a man, who was about six feet tall and well built. He had a sword by his side and a crown on his head. His hair was dark brown and his skin was fair. He gave a signal to some guards that were standing post and they got up and left. It was then who I realised was in front of me. It was Adam. "Why hello there," he said in a deep voice

"Hey?" I replied, confused as to why he was being polite to me. I mean I was his prisoner after all.

"I'm sorry you're all tied up my dear. But I wanted to talk to you first before we get you all cleaned up and fed. Did my horsemen treat you alright?"

"Umm... If you count tying me up, throwing me around on a horse, and hitting me, as alright. Then yes, I'm fantastic,"

"Ah. Well, I am sorry about that. They were following orders but they could've treated you better. I'll speak to them about that." He said, actually sounding apologetic. I just nodded and he continued, "So I was hoping you would do me a favour,"

"Depends on what you want"

"So you see, I'm not sure if you noticed but there's a war going on and my sister is causing me issues. I was hoping you could tell me some information on that matter," he said with a sickening smile

"And what makes you think I know anything?" I asked knowing that he knew I was part of her army

"Don't play games with me. Otherwise, this will become more painful"

"Alright fine. But what actually makes you think I'll tell you anything even if I did know something"

"How about this. In exchange for your information and intel. I will grant you your freedom and comfort here at my castle. Don't you want to be on the winning side?"

Ok, I have to play this as if I'm part of her army but have no idea what she's planning. I CANNOT tell him anything. I thought to myself. "No. I don't believe your side is the winning side. Ariana's is thank you very much. Now, I believe that you are wasting your time here,"

"Oh? You know nothing about The Children of New?"

"Umm...who?"

"The Legend of the Children of New? No? You know nothing about it?"

"Should I?"

"Yes, you should. Everyone knows the legend at this point. Which is why I think you're LYING!!!" he yelled at me before hitting me across the face.

I was on the floor again. The cut on my lip had begun to bleed again. I looked right at Adam and spit blood and saliva at the floor. "You better get it into your head, I'm not telling you shit. Even if I did know something, I would never betray Ariana by telling you. You piece of --"

"GUARDS!!! Get in here!" he shouted and then I heard the sounds of footsteps nearing. Then two guards dressed in black armour came running in. They bowed to Adam. "Guards, take this filth to the dungeons! Get her out of my sight. I'll be there in a second to deal with her"