Chapter 9: Reunited

Anna's POV

"Hello. Did you miss me?" I asked the group standing before me. I couldn't help but smirk at them and I tried to hold back a laugh. But it was just so funny to see their shocked faces. Zoran had to hold on to Ray to keep from fainting, Jackson looked like a deer caught in headlights, Patrick went as pale as a ghost, but Justin didn't look all that shocked to my surprise. Why is Justin picking up a rock? I thought to myself as Justin reached down and picked up a pebble. I tilted my head in confusion. Then he threw it at me and it hit me right in the middle of my forehead. "Hey! What was that for?!?"

"Sorry. But I had to make sure you were real and not some sort of ghost or sprite," he said with a smile and shrug. There was an awkward moment of silence, while the rest of the group processed everything. Then Zoran broke through the shock and devoured me in a huge hug.

Zoran started rushing out words as he hugged me tight, "Don't you dare ever do that again! Don't you fucking dare Anna! Oh my god, I thought I lost you! And you know mom and dad would have killed me. I was so scared you were really gone, I didn't want to –"

"Zoran, Zoran! I'm fine, as you can see. Now there's a lot to explain but don't worry all of it will be explained after you eat some food and have a good night's rest," I said as I turned to the whole group. "Now Duralgias, I hope you don't mind showing them the way to the mess hall as I need to have a word with Justin and Ariana,"

"Not at all General. After dinner, I will take them to their tents," he asks

"Thank you Duralgias. You are a lifesaver. I don't know how long we will be," said Ariana for the first time since I had taken off my hood. She smiled at the group and I saw Jackson flush a little. I bet you he likes her, I thought to myself. "Anna that's all, right?"

"Yes, I believe that is correct," I said as I let go of Zoran. "I'll see you in a bit, big brother. But there are things I must attend to first. I'll explain later," I said with a big smile. He didn't look too happy to let me go.

"As long as you don't leave or die again, I'll be ok," he said with a big smile.

"Alright, I won't. See you all in a bit." I waved goodbye as I turned to leave. Ariana and Justin followed me. We walked into the conference tent. "So Justin, what do you know?"

"Nothing really except the basic gist of the prophecy. Otherwise, I'm completely clueless," he said as he took a seat in one of the chairs. He put his feet up on the table too which made Ariana roll her eyes.

"So the prophecy says, 'From darkness to light, the Old will become the New. From the Flame in her eyes, the Phoenix will Rise' and it is true. I guess later we'll find out who is connected to who. Anna here is Queen Lucy's connection and she is also the Phoenix. So we basically have the whole thing figure out, at least I think," said Ariana

"Ok. But how do we know that that is everything? I mean, couldn't Adam also decode the prophecy as well and discover something else?"

"We just do and I highly doubt my brother would figure out anything differently. Now, I'm quite hungry and I can get the others up to speed the fastest. Anna, I'll leave you here with Justin since I know you wanted to talk with him,"

Ariana began to walk out of the tent. "Thanks, Ari. We'll join you in a bit. Good luck with my brother!" I called out to her. She just shook her head. I turned to Justin.

"So you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yes, but not here. Let's go for a walk," I suggested as I led him out of the tent. We walk for a bit, in silence, until we were in the forest before I decided to speak again. "I don't blame you, you know."