Chapter 33: The Phoenix Rises

Anna's POV

(Play song 24) "ADAM!!! YOUR FIGHT IS WITH ME!!! She might be the one you want out of the picture. But you have to go through me first!!!" I pushed people out of the. "So, fight me. Fight me to the death,"

Adam lost his composure and dropped Ariana. She scrambled backwards to grab her sword. Adam looked as if he saw a ghost. "This is impossible. You're dead. There's no way you could have survived let alone get back. This is some trick or something,"

I laughed while we circled each other, "Ha! You're funny. You see, I think the fact that I'm a phoenix helped me survive. And THAT certainly went over your head seeing how you couldn't break me and therefore didn't know that you held Ariana's top general and secret weapon all within your grasp. It's kinda funny, don't you think?"

"Shut up you bitch! You wanna fight! Let's fight then!!" he said as he charged directly at me

I raised my sword and blocked him. I spun around and hit his armour. Metal clashed on metal, swords clanked, and all I could see was Adam full of rage. I tried kicking him and sweeping him off his feet. But he was too good of a fighter to fall for that. We started lashing out at each other. I looked around and noticed that no one else was fighting. They were just watching us. Wide-eyed and still. I knew at that moment what I had to do...

All of a sudden, I jumped back away from Adam and began to transform. There's no point in hiding it now. It's the final battle and I'm ready for this to END!!! I thought as I looked around at the once was a battlefield. It felt like time had stopped as I began to transform. I went up into the air where I could now overlook everything. The ground resembled something of a graveyard, there were bodies everywhere. I looked at Adam, who was staring at me in complete shock. I began to feel my skin light up in flames. I looked at Adam as my face began to transform as well and I smiled at him. "Let's end this. Once and for all!"

I fly down and grab Adam with my claws. I flung him across the field. He immediately got back up and charged at me. I shot fire feathers at him which he shot back at me. I dodged them and screeched at him. "You piece of shit! Come back here and fight me like a man! Stop being a coward!"

"But I am no man. I am just a simple girl from a small town. But here I am, leading a whole fucking army in a war that isn't mine. Yet I'm not complaining and I'm gonna fight you how I wanna fight. So why don't you just shut your mouth and fight me?" I thought to him as I rip his helmet off his head

Adam grabbed my wing and brought me to the ground. I transformed back into my human form and spun around. I used my fire magic to lash out at Adam. I knocked him to his feet but he threw a knife at me which I barely dodged. I started fighting with my sword and magic. For once in my life, it felt like there was only me and Adam. No one was cheering, no one was yelling, and all I could see was the rage in his eyes. I ran at him with full speed just wanting this to end. Our swords clashed against each other. Metal hit metal and it continued like this for some time. I changed back into my bird form and threw Adam into the air. This time when he landed however, he did not move a muscle. "What? You're giving up? Just going to lie there and do what exactly?" I said as I walked over to him.

He then grabbed my ankle and swept me off my feet and rolled on top of me. "That's what you get, sweetheart, for underestimating me,"

I now had a sword at my neck and I could feel a trickle of blood come down my neck. "No, but I'm tired of you and would like to relax so... " I then bucked my hips, grabbed his arm, and then rolled over and landed on top of him pointing both of our swords at him. "So let's end this shall we?"

Adam laughs, then spits in my face. "You clearly have the upper-hand, so why haven't you cut off my head yet?"

I push the blades closer to his neck, "Because it's not my kill to make," I say as I nod for Ariana to step forward. She stepped out of the crowd and walked forward.

I put the swords down and give one to Ariana. I stood up and then let Ariana take my place. She put the sword back against his neck. "Your life is mine to take. You've ruined what could've been a joyous time of us ruling side by side. Instead, you tried to take over and kill me. YOU KILLED YOUR LITTLE SISTER!!! So yes, it's my kill to make. But does it mean that I want to kill you? No. I don't want to kill my brother. But I have to, you've changed into someone I barely recognized," Ariana was crying by now

"Then why haven't you taken my head off yet?"

"Because you're my brother and despite everything that you've done, you're still my brother. It doesn't make this any easier," she says as she lets down her sword a little bit

"Ariana don't!" I yell as she lets her guard down for a second. But it was enough to cause Adam to grab her sword and then have it at her neck. Ariana looked at me with fear and understanding in her eyes.

"Now look who has the upper hand, sister,"

He raised the sword to cut off her head. Jackson was once again trying to reach her and I looked at him shaking my head now with tears in my eyes. Then all of a sudden, right as the sword was about to come down, there was a giant roar and a bright light. Aslan was standing before everyone looking down at the events unfolding. "She is not killing you because no family member should have to kill their own blood. That job is not hers,"