Chapter 50: A Drop of Rain

Anna's POV

Present day, 2016

After Patrick and I walked through the door in the tree, I felt the world change. When I opened my eyes I was back in my chair. Barely a second had passed since we left. For Patrick and I, it had been ten years, but to everyone else, nothing had changed. I remember Patrick coming up to me and asking me to the movies not even five minutes after we got back. For the first few weeks, we pretended to get to know each other and then start dating. Some people, like my friend Ava, thought it was weird at first. But then after people saw how well we worked and the chemistry between us, our relationship wasn't questioned. So we could almost go back to how we were when we were in Narnia. Patrick spent his time between his jock friends and the group he almost called family. At first, people teased and taunted him for hanging out with all of us. But he ended that very quickly. In a way, it made him more popular since a lot of people admired how he was able to be in two friend groups and not care about labels. It was nice and he was happy.

I forgave Zoran after a week or so. I knew it wasn't fair for me to hold a grudge against him. He and Ray actually ended up being prom king and queen which they thought was pretty funny as they were an actual king and queen for so long. They both graduated in the spring and headed to college this past fall. They were attending the same art college in Georgia and there was talk of them moving out to California after they graduate. But that was a few years away.

When we first got back, Jackson was distant from all of us. But it changed after he realised that having friends who understood what we've all been through helped. He certainly kept his promise to Ariana. He was asked out by like six girls, all of which he turned down. He's now a senior while Patrick and I are sophomores. It was nice having Jackson around still and being able to talk with him.

Then there's me. I'm still pissed that I never got my wedding. But, Patrick said that we didn't need a wedding and that the love we have for each other is strong enough. But it still would've been nice to have one. I did what I told Narnia Justin I would do. I went and had a chat with Earth Justin and we rekindled our friendship. He also had some questions about everything and was thankful he could get an explanation from me. Since he knew about Narnia now, we got to include him in our conversations about our memories. There was one other person who also got to know about my time in Narnia. My best friend Miranda Wilson knows and surprisingly believes everything. During the first few weeks of us being back, I was struggling to adjust from being a 25-year-old queen to a 15-year-old high school student. She noticed and I asked me what was wrong. SO I told her not expecting her to believe me. But she did so I told her almost all of it. I left out a few details like how Patrick and I were engaged and the part of me getting tortured. And yeah, that's about it. Now we've made a full circle and I'm still stuck in this damn civics class.

It's been one hell of a year since we got back from Narnia. I mean with Zoran and Ray off in Georgia that's already weird. Today would make it a full year since we've been to Narnia. I thought to myself as I began to take notes again. The teacher continued to drone on and on about the constitution and its amendments.

I looked to my left to see what Patrick was up to. He too was taking down notes but it was clear that he also didn't want to be there at that particular moment. We got lucky this year as Miranda, Patrick, Justin, and I ended up in the same civics class. What was even better was we got Jackson as our TA so we basically didn't have to do much work or pay attention to that matter. It was nice. I let out a sigh as I turned to a new blank page in my notebook. I was about to start writing when a drop of water fell on the paper. Fuck. Now I gotta write while also protecting my notebook from water. Just what I needed

I felt something jab my side. I turned to glare at Patrick who had just jabbed me. I gave him the 'what' look. He pointed to the ceiling above him and there was water leaking from it. I noticed that it had begun to practically rain above me. I raised my hand to get our teacher's attention but then I noticed that everyone was gone except for Patrick, Jackson, and Miranda. Surely this can't be... before I could finish my thought it started downright pouring in the classroom.

"Ahh, what the hell! It's raining inside the school! Why isn't... hey where did everyone go?" cried Miranda as she came over to Patrick and me

By now water was pooling around our feet and was about ankle deep. There was no sign of it stopping anytime soon. Jackson made his way over, "Oh no. I am not falling from the mother fucking sky again. No, absolutely not," he said

"You what!?! You fell FROM THE SKY last time you went to Narnia? Is that what's happening right now? Or am I imagining this whole thing and I'm asleep in class,"

"Well, you're certainly not asleep in class unless you and I found a way to share dreams. It also looks like we won't be falling from the sky again. But honestly, I have no idea what is happening. We might not even be going back to Narnia right now. I don't know," I said while standing on a chair

"You know if we are about to head back to Narnia, then why can't we get a heads up from someone? Just 'hey you're about to fall 1,200 feet again or today you're going to survive a flooding classroom'. A little heads up would go a long way," said Patrick as he helped me onto the desk

"Well I don't think it wor--" I was cut off by the desk Patrick and I were standing on sliding out from underneath us. I heard Miranda scream and a splash quickly followed. I looked around and saw that water was rapidly filling the entire classroom. I was trying to stay afloat but the water just kept rising and the next thing I knew was that the water had almost reached the ceiling. Are we going back? was my last thought before I had to dive underneath the water and hold my breath for dear life.

To Be Continued in Book Two ...