/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒/

"George what did you say? My internet is shit."

"Nothing, I'll talk to you tomorrow, goodnight love."

That was the last I heard from him. I woke up this morning in a confused mess. I heard him mention something about the promise but nothing else really. He ended the call but he didn't kiss the camera like he always did. It's not that big of a deal but it worries me.

Georgie

Me: Hey, you okay?
Georgie: Yeah, why?
Me: Idk, you seemed a bit off last night
Georgie: ah, i was just tired, nothing to worry about:]
Me: ok... you can talk to me about anything okay?
Georgie: Ok but i assure you, everything's ok:]

Why was it so hard to believe him? It feels like he's playing an act but I can't tell anymore. If only I could see him, in real life.

-

"Hey hun, how'd you sleep?" My mom asked, fixing herself some coffee.

"Fine I guess." She lifted an eyebrow at me and set down her mug.

"C'mon, tell me what's up."

It's almost like she can read my mind.

"It's nothing, I just worry about George."

"Why? What's goin on?"

"I dunno, he just seems off all of a sudden."

"Have you tried talking to him about it?"

"Yes, but he just pushes it away."

My mom just looked at me, sipping her coffee slowly.

"Whatever, I'll figure it out, bye mom."

I waved to her before walking out the door.
Niki said she would pick me up soon so I waited at the end of the long ass driveway. It was abnormally cool today. It felt to be around in the 50's. A cool breeze blew past my hair, sending chills down my spine.

I thought about texting Lily and Jamie a lot. Hoping that they would text back with "I miss you!" or just a simple "hey". Those pictures on Instagram just keep haunting my mind. What if Delilah is brainwashing them. What if they're under her control. I would've never expected the two girls who stuck with me through it all, would join sides with one of my greatest enemies.

"C'mon get in!" Niki shouted, gesturing for me to get in the car.

I must've zoned out or something, I didn't even notice her pull up. I hoisted myself off the cold concrete and sat in the passenger seat.

"What's with the frown?"

I told her about the situation. She understood most of it but didn't know how to help because she has never participated in long distance.

"Maybe.. you go visit him? Maybe by surprise?" She suggested, shrugging her shoulders.

She has a point. I could visit him for his birthday. Just imagine the smile on his face when he sees me again.

"Oh my god Niki, you're a savior!" I laughed, shaking her shoulder.

-