/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛/

"What do you mean we're moving?!"

"Honey, I know this is a lot, but I don't want to be anywhere near your father."

"Why can't you kick dad out??"

"It's his house, not mine."

"Where will we even be staying?"

"Your aunt Mary has granted the opportunity for us to stay with her until we find a place to stay for good."

Across the country. Across the fucking country. I understand that we had to go somewhere, but I was expecting an apartment somewhere, not a whole different state. She was planning on moving in one week.

I leaned on the kitchen counter as my mom announced the news. My fingertips gripped the cold marble countertop as I closed my eyes tightly to try and gather my thoughts. She tried calming me down by gently placing her hand on mine but I pulled away  from her. I didn't really have a good reason to be mad at her, but I'm a stubborn teenager, what do you want me to do.

She told me she was going to go to the store and that I had some time to myself. Dad hasn't stopped by since that one night. I'm starting to think he's either (A) Going from bar to bar with his friend or (B) probably dead.

My mom blew a kiss as she walked out of the house and shut the door behind her. I let out a heavy sigh and started up to my room.

I shut my bedroom door behind me and paced around my room biting my nails. As much as I wanted nothing to do with my father, I didn't want to leave behind everything. Everything as in Lily, Jamie, Clay, Nick,
George...

I felt my cheeks turn pink. A wide smile tugged at my cheeks as I flopped on my bed. Memories of the last 24 hours with him flooded my mind.

The smile slowly dropped to a frown. I was moving and could do nothing about it. And what usually happens with long distances, well, you drift. It starts out as either texting or face time regularly. Then it slowly evolves to texting a few times a week. Then the worst stage, no texts, no calls, nothing. It's like you're strangers to each other now even though you've shared so many memories with them.

The buzz of my phone caught my attention and I immediately picked it up.

-Incoming Facetime Call From "George:)"

I quickly sat up and propped my phone up on my pillow and hit accept.

"Hiiii!" He giggled as he waved aggressively into the screen.
"Hiii!" I laughed hiding my red cheeks with my sleeve.
"Why are you calling?"
"I missed seeing your face" He giggled.
I could see his face starting to turn pink.
"Ugh I know, I'm just so hot" I laughed sarcastically flipping my hair dramatically.
He chuckled and muttered, "I mean you're not wrong." Thinking I couldn't hear him.
I smirked and rolled my eyes.
"What was that? Couldn't hear you." I giggled.
"Oh uh, nothing." He stammered.

We went on talking back and forth for what felt like hours. We talked about life, school, deep thoughts and dumb shit.
It was around 6pm and my stomach started begging for food. I said bye to George and he giggled bye and waved aggressively at his camera again.

I slumped down in my kitchen chair and took a bite of ramen. My sister and brother both ran down the stairs and met me in the kitchen. They looked at my food and back to me with pouty eyes. I groaned and got up to make them some ramen as well. Mom wasn't home yet so I had to make them something. When I gave them their food and sat back down to eat mine, it was cold. I sighed and slowly took small bites out of the cold noodles.

As I put my siblings and I's dishes in the dishwasher, my mom walked through the front door. Her hands were full of different bags from different stores. I saw Target bags along with some Walmart bags. She sighed and set them on the counter.