/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦/

TW: suicidal thoughts//
I want the comments to be nice on this chapter, hold back on the jokes because this might relate to some of us including me as an author.

George's pov

I reach out my cold, pale hand, to hold on to something but only the air coils through my lifeless fingers. I watch as the raindrops race each other down the clear windshield. I feel nothing. The cold gust of wind blowing through the car door. I left it wide open so I could at least get fresh air in the muggy atmosphere of my car.

The sudden buzz of my phone startles me.
Each time, I don't even take a glance at the screen, I keep staring out the windshield of the cloudy sky above. I'm thinking of ways I could've explained it better. But the info I got from Delilah was useless.
She doesn't love me anymore.
She never will again.
I made the mistake of staying silent for too long.
It hurts.
It aches.
Everything I've done has completely been wasted away.

I remember the night I sent her the link to the song that reminded me of her. I was hurting then, every night I would either cry myself to sleep or would stay awake, staring at the plain white ceiling as I sunk deeper into the covers. I didn't even stop to think that the name featured in the song was someone who hurt her. I didn't mean it like that. Something about the way the song spoke to me just caused me to click send without thinking. I wanted her to know that she was my everything and I would do anything to see her again. I would do anything to see her right now if I could. But I doubt she wants to see me.

I remember the warm nights we had, cuddled up close as we watched a movie or just enjoyed the comfortable silence of each other. It felt like everything was perfect. I mean, it was perfect. Nothing could overpower the feelings I had when I was with her. Nothing in this world I would choose over her. If she could just come back.

I remember on my birthday. We went to the cliff that overlooked the water below. The waves crashing against the cliff side, creating a mist that a rainbow could shine over. Her eyes glistened in the bright sun, her goofy smile I've grown to love brighter than ever. I want to reach out again, touch her cheek, glide my thumb softly over her lips. I just want to feel her.

My car is parked on the same cliff, alone and drenched in the rain. I left the house around 10 minutes after Y/n. I've been here for at least an hour. Just sitting and thinking of ways to make this right. To make this make sense.

The night at the party. Something happened that I can't seem to wrap my head around. What do I remember.

Just barely, I remember almost falling into the pool but Clay pulled me back. Y/n gave me a sip of her drink, fueling the dizziness in my head. But she seemed perfectly fine at the time, it couldn't have been that drink.

Then Y/n left, leaving me alone at the counter. She said she would be right back. She assured me she would be back and that I should stay put.
Why did I wake up in a panicked mind with no knowledge on anything.

Delilah.

I sat up more in my seat, staring at the small design in the steering wheel, concentrating on whatever was coming to mind.

She gave me a drink she made, she knows how competitive I can be. I swallowed every last drop of the drink. That's when it started.

How.. could I let that happen to me. How could I be stupid enough to do something like that. I'm weaker than I think and it's just going to make things even more difficult.
I cant handle someone leaving my side, even if it's just for a few minutes or even a few months. I cant bear time alone even though I long for it so much.
I've spent my whole life alone, you'd think I'd be used to it by now.