/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛/

A tingling feeling tickled up my arm as I slowly opened my eyes. The sky was a dark blue with spots of  light blue emerging off the horizon. The sky was still dark enough that you could still see some stars. I peered down my arm where it tickled and found a rather large black spider crawling up from my wrist. Without hesitation I squirmed and shrieked a the top of my lungs. Spiders were no joke.

I had forgotten that George was sleeping and he shot up looking around with wide eyes. I slapped the spider off my arm and looked over to George with terror in my eyes.

"What's wrong??" He questioned worried.
"I- uh- the s-spider." I stuttered pointing to the 8 legged bug crawling across the bright yellow blanket. When he noticed the spider he let out the highest, loudest, most blood curdling scream I have ever heard.

He jumped up on his feet and sprinted towards the big oak tree behind us. He climbed up the tree and sat on one of the large branches. His hands gripped the branch as his feet dangled. His chest was rising and falling rapidly as he tried to catch his breath.

I flopped on my back laughing as hard as I could. I had to hold my stomach from cramping up. It just amazed me how high this mans voice could go, adding to the fact of how fast he shot up that tree.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and calmed down finally. The spider was still on the blanket, about a foot away from me. A small stick was sitting on the grass next to me and an amazing idea came into mind. I held the stick close to the spider and it crawled on. I carefully stood up holding the stick a bit away from me. Stepping closer to the tree, an evil smile spread across my face.

"STOP" George shrieked squirming on the branch as I approached him.
"Ohhh Geooorrrge"
"Y/N IM SERIOUS GET AWAAAY"

I lifted the stick up with the spider face to face with him. He let out his girly scream and slapped the stick away, causing the spider to go flying.

"George, you are such a wimp" I teased.
"Oh shut up y/n." He muttered hiding his red face.(not very well from what I can see)

He hopped off the branch and did a walk of shame back to the blanket. We figured we should head home because it was around 4am. He folded up the blanket and we headed down the long hill and field. We walked in a comfortable silence with the cool morning breeze blowing past us. It was almost peaceful.

All of a sudden I found myself tripping over something and falling down to my face. I fell face first into the slightly wet grass. It didn't really hurt but I was confused on what I just fell over. I pushed myself up to see George a little ways ahead of me laughing his ass off. He was leaning in his knees, trying to keep balance. That son of a bitch.

I glanced behind me and found nothing that I could've possibly tripped over. I stared back at him with fury. I hopped back up onto my feet and began sprinting towards him. He stopped laughing and his eyes widened. The 12 year old girl screams returned as he tried running away from me. I had already caught up to him and hopped onto his back.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. "Trip me again George, I dare you"

"I can't when you're on me!" He shrieked as he tried pulling me off his back. I resisted and held tighter like a leech. I let out an evil laugh, "Might as well just carry me the rest of the way to the car."

"Fiiine." He groaned, as he held under my knees and began walking through the ankle-high grass to the road. I nuzzled my head on his shoulder and watched as the distant trees passed by us. I closed my eyes and my mind began to wander.

So basically me and George are dating now. Apart of me was happy because of how much I liked this boy, also how I would've never expected to actually pull it off, but the other part.... well. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to see him everyday hurt. The feeling of becoming strangers haunted me.