/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛/

I thought you guys deserved a fluff chapter after all the drama.

anyway thankyou eyesofdiamomd    for this request. they had the original idea and it works great for the plot;)

read along with the song if you'd like☺️ i really like this chapter (it's kinda short sry:,(

George's pov

We sat comfortably on the white picnic blanket, admiring the descending sunset before us. I turned to glance at Y/n, a soft smile forming over my lips as I gazed at her beauty in the golden sun.
"Whatcha lookin at?" Y/n teased, catching my stare.

maybe it's the way you say my name

"You." I said softly, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"It's rude to stare." Y/n grinned.

"Call me rude then for all I care."

She took another glance at me, a flustered grin forming over her lips. I just smiled back, returning my gaze back to the sunset.

Y/n picked a single dandelion from the grass, watching as the fuzzy white seeds broke off and into the breeze.
I couldn't stop looking at her. The way she gazed up at the sky, watching as the seeds flew carelessly.
I couldn't get enough.

"I wanted to blow it but the wind took care of that-" She laughed but was cut off by my hand caressing her cheek, turning her head gently as I connected my lips with hers.

She let go of the stem, letting it fall as she gave into the kiss. She cupped my jaw with her hand as she leaned over the cheese platter.
The kiss wasn't rough or lustful. More of relieving and gentle. I couldn't help but smile  on her lips, causing us both to pull away and gaze into each others eyes.

"You ready?" She said softly, reaching for the book beside my knee.

I nodded gently and kicked off my shoes on the grass next to hers as she reached for something in her bag.
I looked up into the sky, the sun was nearly over the horizon, creating an anxious feeling to build up in the back of my brain. I'm already in too deep, there's no going back and I don't want to go back.

"Okay Georgie, follow me." Y/n smiled, skipping past me and down a grassy trail.

I added a jog to my pace, trying to keep up with her as she disappeared down a hill. White dandelion seeds floated around in the air around me as I walked past, some tickling my nose.

I eventually found Y/n standing in front of a field full of yellows and whites, watching as the sun hovered over the horizon.
She turned around with a smile across her soft lips. "Are you ready?"

"For what?"

She bit her bottom lip in excitement and reached into her dress pocket, pulling out the colorblind glasses and sliding them onto my face. I gazed into her eyes as she gave one last smile before walking out of my frame of vision.

And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine

My eyes immediately lit up as the green  contrasted off the vibrant dandelions. I could feel her hand gently hold mine as I was taken away by the view.
It wasn't anything new.
I've seen these colors before on the beach.
But this was different. Maybe it was the warmth of the air and the fresh smell of flowers. Or the warmth of her hand intertwined with mine, silently telling me she was here to stay.

"I'll race ya." She giggled, beginning to sprint down the field.

The adrenaline inside me kicked in, causing my legs to carry me past the endless stream of yellow. It felt as if we were running into the sun as I chased her down the field. It felt so close yet it was so far away.

"I found one for the page! It's beautiful!" She yelled over the bed of yellow.

"Come here let me see!" I yelled back, crouching down on my knees as I tried to catch my breath.

I looked back up to see her running towards me, the book in one hand with a yellow dandelion in the other. The glimmer of her ring sparkled against the suns contact, perfectly matching the shine of mine.

Won't you let my darling know

"Catch meee!" She giggled as she ran into my arms. I held her by her waist, spinning her around in the air. It felt like the night on my front porch, having her collapse in my arms. The air was filled with both our laughter and white seeds, falling down from the sky like gentle snow.
I held onto her with every strength in my body. I don't want to let go. But want is a strong word.

I feel okay when I see you smile

My thin, weak arms gave in and ended up causing us to stumble into the garden of flowers and fall beside each other.
But the air still echoed with her laughs.
I wish I could listen to it everyday.
The sound of her voice.
If she could just let me.

I stared up into the setting sky as she put the stem of the dandelion in the crease of the page, small laughs escaping her throat here and there.
I sat up and picked a single white dandelion from the grass.

"Make a wish, but not out loud." She whispered in my ear, cuddling up beside me as she twirled her own wishing flower in between her fingers.

I smiled sadly, brushing my finger over the soft texture before finally blowing it away into the purple sky. I don't want this day to end. I don't want to face the truth.

I just wish she could be mine