/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛/

The texts read:

"Your dads a total drunk😂"
"Your whole family is probably messed up"
"Go put a leash on your dad lmfao🤣🤣"
"Your whole family can go to hell🖕"
(Attachment: 1 Video)

My finger shakily tapped on the image.
It showed my Dad stumbling down the street of downtown. A bottle of whiskey in his hand. The video was shaky so I couldn't get a glimpse of where exactly he was, I just recognized the sidewalk. He was mumbling things that I couldn't make out. The person behind the camera was laughing and calling out names. Before the video ended, my Dad turned around and yelled out racial slurs towards the camera, along with flipping them off.

I closed out of the video and clicked my phone off. Was this really who my dad was? Is this really the man who raised me? A lonely guy walking the streets with a half empty bottle of alcohol. It's embarrassing.

~~~

The next day at school, all eyes were on me.Walking through the halls was like being an infection that everyone wants to stay away from. Dirty looks, whispers to friends, names being called out. It was hell.

Later at lunch I told Lily and Jamie everything that happened with my dad. They were both very supportive and kind. They both just reassured me that everything was going to be okay and that they were here for me.

By the time last period rolled around, I was used to the negativity. Delilah sat in the back of the classroom whispering to her little minions. They all took their sweet time to take turns to glare at me.

By the time I got to my seat and situated myself, George stumbled into the classroom and made is way to the seat next to me.

He was wearing a crimson red hoodie with the same ripped black jeans he always wears.

He grinned as he sat down.            
"Looking good today." He smirked

I blushed and playfully nudged him on the shoulder. I wasn't wearing anything special, just a white v-neck sweater with ripped black jeans.

George was aware of all the hate I was getting. He saw the videos all over the internet too. He tried his best to make me feel better. His goofy laugh made me smile. Honestly anything he did made me happy. The whole time we were talking I almost forgot about Delilah in the back of the room staring me down with her two ice cold eyes.

After school, me and George kissed goodbye and I started my walk home. The red and orange leaves crunched beneath my feet as I walked across the damp sidewalk. The sky was a cloudy grey with tears of sunlight poking through.

About halfway there I walked passed the opening of the town park. I stopped and leaned my shoulder on the side of the fence, admiring the cold and empty park where George and I hung out for the first time. I couldn't help but smile.

All of a sudden a cold hand gripped onto my shoulder.

"What's up freak show."

I snapped my head around to be face to face with Delilah. Her pale blonde hair was tucked behind her ears. Her ice blue eyes staring at mine.

"What do you wan-" She cut me off.

"Oh nothing, just wondering what it's like to be a total joke." She scoffed

"What do you even mean-" She cut me off again.

"Your dad's a total drunk and lunatic, probably runs in the family."

She wasn't wrong about my dad but the second part got me.

"Delilah- you don't even know the whole story, just mind your own damn business." I said slightly raising my voice.

Her eyebrows furrowed and she stepped closer.

"Listen here you little prick, you have no right to talk to me that way. I'm Delilah fucking Roberts, I can get you canceled in one move." She said in a low tone.

"God you're so petty." I scoffed.

I pushed her aside so I could continue my walk. Before I could even make 4 feet, her grimy hands yanked my hair from behind.

I yelled in pain trying to pry her hands off me. Before I could do anything else she pinned me down on the cold cement, punching me in the nose countless times.

"GET OFF ME" I shrieked.

"What're you gonna do? Call your little boy toy George?" She snickered.

I gathered enough strength to kick her off and fight back. It was a difficult process but I eventually got up and kneed her in the stomach.

She groaned as she fell to her knees. Clutching her stomach with her arms she muttered, "Oh you're dead"

"Bitch you can't even take one hit!" I laughed.

She shook her head and straightened her back. She looked me dead in the eye and took another swing. Her hand slapped sharp on my cheek.

The slap left my head spinning. Words began echoing through my brain.
'You deserve this'
'No one fucking likes you'
'Just disappear'
'Just........ disappear'

She slapped me again. This time, I didn't hold back. I shoved her back multiple times spitting swears at her. I had no control over my mouth. So much anger that has been boiled up inside me was begging to escape.
And so it did.

I shoved her against the fence and pinned her by the neck. I moved closer to her until my mouth was inches away from her ear. With my teeth clenched, I muttered something into her ear I hope she would never forget.

"I hope you go cry about this to all your little friends to show how much of a little wuss you are, no one wants to listen anymore, no one wants to put up with your bullshit, I hope you realize someday of how much you messed up in these past years, I hope you realize the damage that you've caused to your peers, and I hope to fucking god you burn in hell."

She was silent. Nothing but cold clear tears streaming down her cheeks and onto my hand that was still gripped onto her neck. I let go firmly and walked off, leaving her behind, leaned against the dark wood fence, crying silently.

I wiped my sore nose with my sleeve, traces of blood spotting against my arm. I sighed and watched the cool fog flow from my hot breath hit the cold fall air.

I felt accomplished, but something stuck to the back of my brain. Something she said while she was pounding her fists against my face.

"No one loves you, you're the reason your parents are getting a divorce."

It made me think. I didn't want to believe anything that "waste of a life" says to me, but maybe she was right. Maybe I was the reason they were splitting up. Maybe if I never told Mom what happened with my Father. Maybe if I just kept quiet. Everything would've been normal, well, almost normal. If I kept my mouth shut, I could be with Lily, Jamie, George, Clay and Nick! The ones that stayed by my side through it all. But then again, Dave. I didn't even want to call him my Dad anymore. People were right, it is an embarrassment having a dad like that. Maybe I'll just call him Dave, his real name.

Dave hasn't showed up at the house all day. Mom informed me that he got a hotel room for the rest of the week until we left. I was relieved for that.

The rest of the evening was pretty uneventful other than when I face-timed Lily and Jamie for like 3 hours. We had a lot of fun talking about boys, activities to do for the week, the big events on the upcoming Friday. I even told them the nights I had with George. They both just squealed the whole time, it was cute.

Later that night I called George. I told him what happened with Delilah and he was astounded. I told all the special details and he just stared at the camera, he looked so intrigued. After I finished, in his cute British accent, he said with a smirk,

"That's pretty badass."

————

Hi hi hi hi

We are at like 700 readssss!! Ik that's not a lot but I never actually expected to get that many lol.
So thankyou:))