/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡/

Y/n's pov

"Small piece of tape?" I said, holding my hand out behind my back.
George rested with his back leaned against the bookshelf, holding the tape dispenser as I carefully placed the yellow dandelion on the page.

We had heavy books and objects stacked up on the flower book overnight, making sure it was completely flat. I felt the sticky tape against my fingertip, bringing it back to the page in front of me. I carefully placed it over the bottom stem of the dandelion, making sure it was smooth.

"Aaand done!" I smiled, falling back into George's lap, displaying the page for him to see.

"It looks amazing! One more page to go." He said excitedly, taking the book in his own hands.

"What kind of flower?" I asked, turning the page slowly as he held it.
"Rose."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up to him. He just smiled and gazed down into my eyes. I reached my hand up to his cheek, gliding my knuckles gently across his cheekbone. I could see the same dark circles under his eyes, darker purple now. His hand reached up to hold my wrist gently. I winced at the cold touch. Goosebumps could be seen on his thin arms even.

"George you're freezing, are you okay?" I sat up, worry displayed over my face.

"Yea, I guess I am, what's the temperature in here?" He chuckled nervously, rubbing his arms to create friction.

"It's 76 degrees in here.(24°C)" I said in disbelief, leaning against the wall. I looked back to George, his eyes were wary along with his mouth pulled into a cautious frown.

"Go get a hoodie or something okay? I'll make a quick dinner." I smiled reassuringly, crouching down in front of him, holding his cheek gently in my hand.

He smiled against my palm and finally got up for the stairs. I bit the inside of my cheek, anxiously contemplating on if I should ask if he's having those thoughts again. The ones he told me about on the roof. About what happened at the park. But I don't want to bring back any unwanted memories he might have.

"Hey Y/n? Where's my red hoodie?" He called from the top of the stairs.

"It should be in your closet, I promise I put it back!" I called back, laughing lightly to myself.

"It's not there but I have others." He shrugged as he entered the kitchen, now wearing a black hoodie.

I started to prepare some soup to pass the time. It was only around 5pm but I could tell we were both starving. As the soup boiled, I leaned my elbows on the kitchen island, watching as George tried to balance a spoon on his nose.

"Hold on- almost got it." He stuck his tongue out, concentrating on the silver object before his eyes.
"Ta-da!" He smiled, his eyes going cross eyed down on the spoon perfectly balanced on the tip of his nose.

"Take a picture for Alex, I'm sure he would love to see it." I grinned, turning back around to stir the soup.

"I don't have my phone.." He groaned, patting his pockets to see if it were there.

"I think you left it in the car yesterday. Maybe check in the glovebox?"

He followed my suggestion and excused himself from the kitchen and out the front door. His footsteps could be heard against the wet pavement outside. It had rained, hard. All night we stayed up in the living room, watching a horror movie as rain pelted against the windows. He has always told me he wasn't a fan of horror films but for some reason, he felt eager to watch one with me. His excuse: "I know how much you like them"