/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒/

TW: suicide.
respectful comments again please.

the song is optional, i thought it made it more sad reading with it.☝︎︎

Y/n's pov

I sat with my knees held up against my chest, waiting for a sound, a voice, anything. The hallway is still dark with the intense wind whistling outside. I couldn't bring myself to stand up, my knees felt like they were locked in place as well as my chest aching every time I took a stuttered breath in.

My phone rested beside me on the cold hard floor. My quiet cry's fill in the ringtone I want to hear.

The image of George popped up on the screen of my phone. I glanced at it for a second, hesitating on answering. But after 3 rings he didn't give up, the call kept going. I sighed shakily as relief washed over my shoulders and picked up the phone and held it to my ear.

"George?" I said quietly.

"Y/n, I'm sorry." His voice sounded weak, like he had been crying.

"George don't say sorry, you're not to blame." I shifted myself more upright against the wall, my fingers trembling.

"I'm sorry for everything.."

I could hear the sounds of waves in the background of his audio. He wasn't inside.

"George? Where are you?"

"The beach."

I felt my heart sink to the bottom of my chest. Adrenaline ran through my blood, causing me to scramble to my feet and head for the door.

"George what are you doing at the beach?" I asked frantically, running out into the light rain and into my car.

"It's nice to hear your voice. I'll miss it."

"George?" My voice became short, my breath starting to shake.

"Y/n. I love you okay?" He laughed sadly.

"Please- I love you too, what's going on, talk to me." I stuttered, I felt my throat closing as the tears formed at my eyelids.

No answer.

I quickly backed out of the depressing driveway, putting George on speaker and setting my phone on the arm rest. I felt a lump in my throat as I tried to speak to him, tears blinding my vision as I drove in the light rain.

"Remember the night we danced in the rain?" He asked suddenly.

"Yes.." I whispered, trying to hide my cries.

"And how I said that I want you to know that I love you?"

"Yes George." I bit the back of my hand, muffling my sobs.

"Well this is the time where I don't want you to forget that."

"George please... I'm coming to the beach right now, stay on the phone with me please." I cried.

"Let Clay and Nick know I love them too. Okay?"

"No- George you can tell them yourselves! Please just get back in your car and close the door." I finally pulled into town, driving up the wet road.

"I messed it up." He whispered.

"No you didn't, this is Delilahs fault. This is my fault. I shouldn't have left you alone. She drugged you George. Please don't blame yourself." My hands gripped onto the steering wheel until my knuckles turned white.

"I know what she did. But that's not the reason. I'm weak. Cant you see? I couldn't handle you leaving my side the first time, I can't lose you again. Nothing will be the same. I'll be stuck with the knowledge knowing that moving forward, I won't be able to live with myself. Without you.
I cant have you by my side forever and it pains me just thinking about it. I've grown too attached Y/n. I cant put you through this." His voice cracked into cries, painful sobs escaping his throat as I heard his knees hit the wet grass.

The road ahead suddenly started flashing blue and red lights. A small car crash occurred here, blocking off the road to the beach.

"George it will be okay... please.. don't do this to me, I need you even if it hurts me." I weakly cried.
With no where else to turn, I jumped out of the car, bringing my phone to my ear as I ran past the police officer, leaving my car on the street.

"George please I'm almost there, please stay on the call!" I cried, stumbling over my feet as I ran up the sidewalk.

"I promise I'll be watching over you okay? I love you." He whispered.
Before I could say anything else the call ended, I was left with the only sound of rain now.

"No, no no no please." I cried under my breath, sprinting up and onto the cliff he said he was on.

When I reached the top, all I could see was his car parked on the grass, the front door wide open, empty inside. With tears now streaming down my face, I ran to the edge of the cliff, crying in agony as I watched the raging waves below. No matter how hard I looked, the tears blurring my vision only made the process more frustrating, causing my cries to become louder. The knives that had been stuck in the longest time now have finally made it through to my heart, puncturing it until it was drained.

"George..." I sobbed, clutching the wet grass with my fingers.

I glanced to the side, the flower book sat on the grass next to me. I took it in my trembling hands. Poking out of one of the pages was a rose. Our promise rings hung from the stem, dangling next to each other.
I turned to the page that the stem was in between. On the inside of the back cover, considering Delilah ripped out the rose page, was a long note in his handwriting. white ink instead of black.

Dear Y/n,

I love you, I know I've already said that a million times but I swear I wish I could say it a million times more. I'm sorry I did this to you. But I want you to move on from this, go live your life. I've been battling this bug in the back of my brain for the longest time now and it started to bite the life away from me, slowly, piece by piece. I feel i'm too dependent of you. That without you I would simply break. I didn't want to put you through that life of dealing with someone like me.
But I'm okay now.
Remember the night on the roof? I told you what was going on in my brain, I told you the part of me that was slowly breaking. And I pushed you away when you wanted to talk about it. I'm sorry. I know you were just trying to help. But there really was no saving me. I saw myself, dead. It was bound to happen.
But I'm okay now.
I got the last flower in the book, just for you. A rose. It looked so pretty in your hair.
So please... move on from this. I'll be with you always, beside you at all times. So go be the happy girl that I know okay?
I love you...
I promise I do

Love
          Georgie