/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜/

Rain pelted against the window. I watched as the rain drops raced each other down the glass pane. It wasn't everyday that it rained here so everyone was pretty excited. Of course, I was used to this. I lived in Florida. It doesn't go a week past not raining.

My mom has been looking everywhere for a job, she finally found one that suited her, a small local shop that paid high paychecks.

We were hoping on moving to an apartment somewhere so we wouldn't be in aunt Mary's hair all the time. My mom actually considered me moving out and living on my own since Im turning 18 soon. She told me she would give me some money to start off with.

I have a few more months till school ends and I will eventually start college. I don't even know what I'm going to do with my life though. I could be in the medical field like my younger self always dreamed of, but my grades are a bit too shit for that now. Maybe go into computer science. I've always held a interest programming.

-

I held the delicate dried flower in my hands while trying to figure out how to place it in the page. I've been filling this book up for the past week. I never thought I would become so excited to hunt for flowers and put them in a book, but the thought of George's big smile and our long convos about it kept me going.

My phone buzzed on the bed beside me. I picked it up and found George's name across the screen.

I answered the call and was immediately greeted by George's pearly whites.

"Georgie! Hi!" I smiled.
"Y/n! How are you doing?"

Good question. Am I doing good? One part of my brain is saying everything is fine but the other part is disagreeing deeply.

"I'm okay."
Good enough.

"What have you been up to lately?"

I propped my phone up on my pillow and held up the book.

"I'm almost halfway done!"

His smile got even wider but soon faded.
"That's great! I'm glad you're enjoying it!" He smiled softly.

I furrowed my eyebrows and set the book back down.
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good, do you want to play Minecraft maybe?"

I agreed but was still hesitant on his sudden mood change.

I called him on discord and ended the facetime call. As soon as he joined I pulled up Minecraft and started a new world.

-
GeorgeNotFound joined the game

I saw the same clout goggles start running up to me. He hit me once then started running off in a different direction. I groaned and started running off after him.

On my way to kill him, he did this parkour trick and it sent me down a ravine. I hit the hard stone and just heard George laughing.

"Can I get a reasoning?" I asked, annoyed, running back to where he stood.
"Reasoning for what? Why you're so bad?" He snickered.

"Oh wow, George out here with the comebacks." I grinned.

-

"I found diamonds! Come here!" I screamed excitedly.

"Okay." He said in a monotone voice.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good!" He assured, I could hear the fake enthusiasm in his voice.

"Hey, you can tell me anything, ok?"