/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒/

"Dude just fucking tell me already." Minx groaned through the phone.

I had my phone propped up on his desk while I folded my clothes from my suitcase neatly, sitting on his bed. George was downstairs making breakfast. He insisted that he should he should cook considering how good he is at cooking now. We've had several close fire calls with him but we found a way to avoid it.

"It's personal information." I teased, emphasizing my words.

"Oh my god I tell you all the shit I do."

I looked up from the pile of clothes, glaring at her through the phone. I woke up this morning in sweats and a simple bra, the dress was thrown to the floor before I went to bed, too tired to put it away. I still woke up with the choker around my neck though, leaving an imprint. Minx can get really nosy sometimes but I don't blame her. She probably got me the dress for one reason and one reason only.

"Let's just say he got home while I was in it... and things escalated." I said, keeping it short to not leak any details.

She eventually gave up asking and went on with a different conversation, talking about new guys she's talking to, the places her and Niki have gone to.

"Dude are you ever coming back to California? I miss you so fucking much oh my god." She groaned.

"I will sometime." I smiled softly, trying to hide the frown pushing down on my lips.

I finished folding everything from my suitcase, setting it in a separate drawer George offered me. As I took one last look into the bag, I found the flower book again, holding it carefully in my hands.

"Just bring George with you, your mother would love him I'm sure." Minx suggested, lazily shrugging her shoulders.

"Maybe." I smiled sarcastically, tightening my grasp on the book.

I smile faded to a soft frown, flipping to the last few pages. Only two more pages and it will be complete.

"Y/n, why do your eyes look all watery and shit. What's goin on." Minx said with a more concerned tone.

I closed the book with a snap, faking a bright smile into the camera. "I'm okay! Just tired." I laughed.

"I know you're lying, c'mon. Tell me."

She knows me too well.

I finally gave in and told her about the recent message I received from my mom. Along with the situation with my dad and everything. I told her about how I was scared and confused on where to go. She suggested I come back and live with her, Niki, anyone but I couldn't bring myself to accept the offer. I mean, they're my best friends but I can't intrude on their families. I got lucky when George's parents were gone on their family trip, even more lucky when they accepted me. I can't trust that luck with everyone.

"I understand Y/n. I won't pressure you into anything. Just know I'm always here if you need someone okay?" Minx smiled.

I smiled softly at her generosity and nodded gratefully. We ended the call with some quick, goofy kisses on the camera. I think she got lipstick over hers considering her screen was a transparent red when she pulled her lips away.

"Breakfast is ready." George said quietly, poking his head in through the door, smiling brightly when we matched our gaze.

"Okay I'll be down in a minute." I smiled, throwing the book into my suitcase.

I met him in the kitchen, his arms immediately wrapping around me, hugging me tightly. My face pressed against his chest, listening to his heartbeat as the morning birds outside chirped quietly.