/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜/

The next morning I awoke in his bed. Last night, we headed straight to bed after the beach. We probably stayed out there for at least another two hours. I turned to my side and George wasn't beside me. I sat up and leaned against the headboard, looking around the room. He wasn't in here at all.

I finally got up from the bed, walking to the door I heard music playing downstairs, along with the familiar voice singing along.

With a slight grin I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. George was at the stove again, frying what looked to be eggs. To my surprise, they weren't burnt at all. He was singing along to the song Softly by Clairo.

"But you could be my one and only
You get me in the mood" He sung quietly while trying to flip the eggs.

"You're up early." I smiled, startling George.

"Jesus- how long were you down here?" He laughed nervously, turning the music down.

"Long enough to see that you have an amazing voice."

"Oh.. Uhm- thankyou." He smiled softly, his face turning red.

I looked around the kitchen as he continued cooking the eggs. I spotted a calendar on the fridge and saw what day it was.

"George! It's halloween!" I squealed.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Clays throwing a halloween party at his house tonight. The whole schools invited."

A part of me was excited but the other was hesitant. The whole school means Delilah will definitely be there. Along with Lily and Jamie.

"Sounds fun! We're going right?"

"Yeah, unless you don't want to. We could always have a movie night together." He grinned, sliding a plate of eggs, bacon and toast  across the counter to me.

"Yes I want to go. Also great job on the bacon." I winked, earning a flustered smile from him.

We both ate and talked about our social lives. He told me that he hasn't really been going out anywhere and has just been sitting inside all day. I told him about all the amazing friends I met in California. He even told me about the conversations he's had with Alex. Apparently Alex has been texting him good morning and goodnight every day.

"Ooh, speaking about text messages, your phone was blowing up when I woke up. I didn't check it but you might want to." He said, taking a sip of orange juice.

I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled my phone out of my pocket. Hundreds of missed texts from my mom covered my lock screen.

"Oh shit." I said under my breath.

Mom/
How could you just fucking leave like that? After every bad thing I told you about traveling alone you decided to ignore it and leave. You're such a fucking liar. You don't love me. If you did, you would've stayed. You know what. Don't fucking come back. You can stay in Florida with your little boyfriend. Don't come crawling back to me when he breaks up with you.

My breath stuttered at the text. It felt like she just shot fifteen bullets through my heart, leaving it draining, until it's empty.

"What's wrong? Who was it?" George asked, setting down his fork.

I pushed the phone over to him, letting him read it. I leaned my head on my elbow on the counter, trying to push back the tears.

"Oh my god y/n.." He whispered, covering his mouth while reading the rest of the text.

"C'mere." He scooted his chair closer to mine and hugged me tightly. I buried my face in his shoulder, muffling my cries.

He ran his fingers through my hair, massaging my scalp lightly.