/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒/

The smell of bacon lurked around the room. My eyes slowly drifted open. A warm blanket was wrapped around me as I lay comfortably on the couch. As I sat up, I found George behind the stove in the kitchen.

"Morning." He smiled, cooking something in a pool of grease.

"Whatcha making?" I asked tiredly, my voice raspy."

"What does it look like." He stared at me in disbelief

"Well whatever it is, it's turning to charcoal."

He switched his attention back to the pan and immediately turned the heat down.

"You didn't see anything." He muttered, tossing the burnt bacon in the trash.

"Let me do it, but pay close attention." I laughed, pushing him aside with my hip and taking control of the pan.

He watched as I lay the bacon out and flipped them over when they reached a dark orange and the ends were slightly crispy.

"See? Try it." I smiled, shoving a pice of bacon into his mouth.

"Mmh- thankyou." He mumbled, wiping off the crumbs.

"By the way, Nick and Clay are coming over in about 20 minutes so help me with the rest." He suggested, placing the bacon on a plate and putting it in the microwave to make sure it stays warm.

He started whipping up some fluffy pancakes while I prepared some assorted fruits in a bowl. Every now and then I would toss a grape over to him, most of the time he would miss and have it fall to the ground. Rarely though he caught it in his mouth.

"Knock knock mother fucker!" A voice yelled from the front door.

We had just finished setting up the table when Nick came running in, pulling me into a bear hug.

"I missed you so fucking much Y/n!" He laughed, squeezing me until I couldn't breath.

"I mis- missed you too" I wheezed.

We all sat around the small kitchen table, eating as if we haven't eaten in months.

"Damn- George did you make this bacon? It's amazing." Clay complimented, his mouth full of bacon.

I looked over to George across from me. He caught me staring at him and gave me an evil grin.

"Yeah, I made all of this, Y/n was too busy sleeping." He laughed proudly.

I saw my chance and tossed a grape over to him while he was laughing . To my surprise it actually landed in him mouth, causing him to choke a little.

"Agh- oh my god." He coughed, gulping down the solid grape.

"I just swallowed a whole grape! I could've choked and died." He coughed, hitting his chest in pain.

I have him the same evil grin and continued eating my bacon.

The rest of breakfast consisted of a few jokes here and there and teasing eye squints between George and I.

"We should go to the beach later, Make up of the decent water temperature while it's still here." Clay insisted.

"Sounds fun!" I smiled, setting the dishes in the sink.

"Alright we'll meet up at the beach at 2pm?" Nick said, pushing his chair in.

"Sounds good, see you guys then." George nodded as the two boys walked out the front door.

I began filling the sink up with hot water, submerging the dirty plates and utensils. I grabbed a sponge and poured a tiny spot of dish soap in the middle. I began scrubbing each plate individually, making sure to get every spot of syrup off. My hair began slipping out behind my ear and into my face. I attempted to blow it out of my face through my bottom lip but that didn't work.