/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦/

an/ woooo thirty chapters mark🥳🥳

I woke up by the sudden jerk of the plane. My head bounced against the window. I looked around me, my eyes still warming up to the bright light of the plane. Everyone seemed to be completely calm so I figured it was just turbulence.

I lifted the window cover and immediately fell in love with the view below. It was nighttime but the city lights stood out from the darkness.

I quickly turned and stopped a flight attendant.

"Ma'am, where are we?" I asked politely.

"We're in Tallahassee, we'll be landing in under an hour." She smiled.

I thanked her and sat back down in my seat. My leg was bouncing slightly from the excitement built up inside me. I'm gonna see him. I remember hugging him, always melting into his embrace, I can't wait to feel that again.

I grabbed a book from my carryon and read a few chapters to pass the time. I remember taking a break from this book a while back when I moved. I didn't have the energy to even read a page.

"Miss, we're landing shortly, please fasten your seatbelt." A flight attendant said softly.

I obeyed her request and buckled my seat belt. I was practically jumping out of my chair I was so excited. The view outside was so familiar.

I pulled out my phone and went on the messaging app. I figured I would have service by now so I texted Clay.

Me: Hey we're landing right now, meet you at baggage claim?

He read it almost immediately.

Clay: Yep, I'm on my way to the airport rn. George is gonna lose his shit LOL

I laughed slightly at his text and clicked off my phone. I'm still surprised my mom hasn't blown up my phone with text messages yet.

As soon as the plane touched the ground and we were all set to leave, I pushed my way through the gate, finally reaching the airport ground. I could kiss the ground if I wanted to I was so happy.

I went on snap and sent a snap to Clay of my shoes on the airport carpet.

He sent one back of the baggage claim area and a caption saying,
YAYYY YOU LANDED SAFELY, NOW HURRY YOUR ASS UP

I went on the moving walkways and zoomed past. I felt like a kid again, racing my siblings down the walkway, seeing who was faster. Times were simpler.

I saw the escalator farther up in the hallway. The escalator that led down to the baggage claim. As I reached the edge, I took a deep breath before I stepped on.

About halfway down, I could see the whole area, everyone waiting around the baggage claim, people waiting in seats, people standing around in conversation. My eyes scanned the area, searching for the tall blonde man.

To my luck, he was wearing a lime green hoodie. A big smile spread across my face when he spotted me too. As soon as I reached the ground, I sprinted towards him. I jumped into his arms and he wrapped his arms around me tightly, swinging me back and forth as my feet dangled off the ground slightly.

"I missed you so much Clay!" I laughed into his shoulder.

"I missed you too."

"Okay you can put me down now."
I chuckled, patting his shoulder.

"No."

"Bitch- put me down, I have to get my luggage."