/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟/

George's pov

"Hey you haven't eaten anything today, I brought you some toast." My mum said, standing in the doorway.

"It's only 11am, I'll get something later." I mumbled, burying myself deeper into the covers.

"Okay." She sighed, closing the door behind her and walking back down the steps.

It's been hard here. Alone. I miss her so much. I've been spending most of my days inside, either in my bed or at my computer. Clay and Nick are worried about me but I just push them away.

A faint knock at the door caused me to sit up.

"Come in." I said, rubbing my eyes.

Clay poked his head through the door, he had a smug grin on his face.

"Hello gogy." He smiled, hopping up to my bed.

"What do you want." I mumbled.

"I brought you a gift." He held his hand out I found a poorly wrapped box.

"My birthday is next week though, you're a bit early." I blinked, taking the gift in my arms.

"Yeah well I felt like giving this to you, to cheer you up."

I rolled my eyes and tore off the bright green wrapping paper. I ripped open the flaps of the box and my face immediately lit up.

"You like it?" Clay smiled.

I smiled at him and hugged the gift close to my chest. It was a big jar of chocolate covered raisins. I've always loved these as a kid and he knew that they made my day.

"Thankyou Clay." I laughed, twisting the jar open and taking a few.

"Hey give me some." Clay sneered, reaching his hand out for the jar.

"Aht!" I swatted at his hand.

He put his hands up in surrender and we both started laughing. We laughed until our stomachs hurt.

"Hey you wanna go into town with me and Nick?" He asked, wiping tears from his eyes.

I agreed and got up to get into another change of clothes. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out some jeans and a hoodie.

"You gonna just sit there?" I asked, staring at Clay who was sitting on the bed scrolling through his phone.

"You have a bathroom right there!" He took his gaze off the phone, pointing at the bathroom in my bedroom.

I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom. I stripped my clothes and slid on my black jeans, leaving my shirt off. I fixed my hair and slapped my cheeks a few times to wake me up. I stood there shirtless, staring at my thin body. I haven't been eating much anymore and my ribs were poking out of my skin. My collarbone stuck out drastically too. Dark circles hovered under my eyes as well as my lips chapped. I looked as if I were dead. I felt ashamed. I've let myself come to this.

I sighed deeply and slid on my oversized hoodie over my slim arms and walked out of the bathroom. Clay looked up from his phone and started to get up.

"Ready to go?" He asked, towering over me.

I nodded and we we went downstairs and out the door. We met up with Nick at the park. He was swinging on the swings like a child. When he saw us he basically leaped off the swing and darted towards us.

"Hey! You guys cool if I invited Lily and Jamie?" Nick wheezed, catching his breath.

Clay side-eyed me, checking my reaction, I just stared off in the distance, trying to drown out the conversation. Clay turned back to Nick and agreed excitedly.