/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛/

The rest of the week was spent with Lily and Jamie. We rode our bikes around town, we had countless sleepovers(even though they were on school nights.)We spent hours on end face timing. It was probably the best 5 days i've ever experienced. Spending time with those two dummies gave me comfort. They never judged me, they never thought negative about me, if they were ever upset with me about something, they would talk it out and not get mad. That's what I call a healthy relationship.

Friday finally rolled around. The day of the town carnival. At exactly 6pm sharp, the gates would open and family and friends would flood in and buy tickets. There's  gonna be roller coasters, food stands, ferris wheel, and small mini games to win prizes. Me and the girls planned on going together. But something bugged me in the back of my mind.

As much as I wanted to hang with the girls, I felt like I wasn't seeing George enough. I was leaving on Sunday morning and I haven't even hung out with him all week. I wanted to ask the girls if he could come so bad, but I was afraid.

What if they think I'm choosing him over them? What if they think I'm all caught up in this boy and don't care about them anymore. These thoughts circled through my mind that I totally forgot I was in school.

"Y/n, Y/n!" Jamie said snapping her fingers in front of my face.

I zoned back in and took in my surroundings. It was the middle of lunch. The cafeteria was packed with kids. Delilah and her little group stayed by the corner table. She didn't bother talking to me anymore. I mean, no problem with that.

"Sorry, what?" I stuttered.
"We were taking about tonight?"

"Oh, uh yeah, what about it?"

Lily took a deep breath and spoke,
"So if you're ok with it.... we were thinking of inviting Clay and Nick to the carnival with us?" She fidgeted with her fingers waiting for my answer.

"Oh, yes! Yes of course!" I exclaimed. Thank god.

"You think George could come too?" I said biting my lip nervously.

They both looked to each other, then back to me with smirks on their faces.

"Of course George can go.." Lily grinned

I rolled my eyes and playfully nudged her arm.

During last period, I talked to George about the idea. He immediately agreed and squealed with excitement. He almost represented  a 6 year old finding out that their going to Disney World. We went over the plan and who's driving.

After school I met up with Jamie and Lily. We all went to Lily's house to get ready for tonight.

I walked into her bedroom and was overwhelmed with the amount of plants this woman has. The walls were covered with dangling vines. Her shelves had leaves and vines flowing over the edge. Pots and succulent were placed on her windowsills. And to top it all off, there was a rather large potted plant in the corner of her room.

Her bed had a white comforter that was bunched up into a ball at the foot of the bed. Her pillows were scattered messily with a light green knit blanket hanging over the edge of the mattress.

Posters consisting of popular 80's bands were scattered along her wall. And to finish it all off, a large green fluffy carpet lying on the middle of the floor.

Lily threw her back pack in the corner and hit it against her mirror. I leaned mine against her bed and sprawled out in the fluffy carpet. I let out a sigh of relief as my fingers ran through the fabric.

"Lily, how did you get your room so aesthetically pleasing?" I smiled.

She laughed and continued putting her stuff away. Jamie kicked her shoes off and made herself at home. She hopped in Lily's bed and began scrolling through her phone, completely ignoring whatever was going on around her.

"Since when did you guys start talking to Clay and Nick?" I questioned them.

Lily's face went red while Jamie hid hers with her phone.

"Umm, I'm gonna need an explanation here" I laughed hesitantly.

"Nothing for you to worry about.." Lily teased.

Who would've known the two girls I've known for so long would be hiding a stupid secret from me. I mean, I pretty much already knew what they were gonna say—but I wanted them to admit it.

Two hours passed and we decided to start getting ready. We were all around the same size in clothing, so we just raided Lily's giant walk-in closet. Rows of jeans, crop tops, oversized tees, oversized sweatshirts, skirts, shorts, and almost everything you would find at a shop. My eyes danced around the closet, spotting different outfit ideas.

Me and Jamie have only been to Lily's house a couple times in the past. Most of our hangouts and sleepovers have been at Jamie's or mine. So obviously we were pretty amazed on how organized she was.

After many minutes of scavenging through the closet, I finally found something to wear.
I wore a pair of blue straight-leg jeans with a plain white cropped tank top and topped it off with a oversized crimson red sweatshirt.

I hung multiple gold necklaces around my neck and some silver studs in my ears.

To complete the look, I brushed on some mascara, lip gloss, and some natural colored eyeshadow.

"Oh my god!! You look so good!!" Lily and Jamie squealed as I stepped out of her bathroom. A smile spread across my face as I began squealing excitedly with them.

Lily wore a olive green cropped tank with a pair of dark blue flared jeans. She hung a leopard print shoulder bag off her shoulder and had her strawberry blonde hair pulled into a half pony. She was truly stunning.

Jamie wore a black crop top layered with a bright red oversized jacket slightly off her shoulder. She wore a pair of light blue ripped jeans with some dirty converse. Her short curly brown hair flowed slightly below her shoulder. Jamie was a fucking goddess if I say so myself.

"You think Clay would like this?" Lily whispered to Jamie.

A small grin grew on my cheeks as I cocked an eyebrow teasingly.

"You like Clay, don't you?" I grinned.

Lily's face went red as she tried to hide it with her arm.

We all broke out into laughter with tears almost falling.

The echo of a knock echoed from downstairs up to Lily's room. We all looked at each other before scrambling up from the floor and hurried down the steps.

I ran down the long hallway that led to the front door and decided to do a nice entrance to the door. About halfway down the hallway, I stopped running and slid on the hard wood floor with my socks for the rest of the way. The nice entrance soon turned into me ramming into the door face first. I fell to my butt and held my forehead while laughing uncontrollably.

Lily and Jamie began laughing at my clumsiness before trying to help me up.

I shooed them away to get up myself. I reached my arm up to the handle and tried pulling myself up. I think the hysterical state I was in didn't help me because I ended up pulling the door open and falling back down to the floor with the door swinging all the way open.

"Oh my god Y/n, you're such a dork." George laughed from the other side of the door frame. He bent down and grabbed my helpless hand and pulled me back to my feet. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. I smiled into his chest and giggled.

"Okay you lovebirds, let's go, we have to get in line for the rides first!" Jamie chuckled pulling my arm off George's waist.