/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑒𝑛/

My mom stood in the doorway, her eyes were bloodshot red, her cheeks were stained with tears, mascara ran down her cheeks. Her eyes widened as she saw me and she let out a sigh of relief. Her arms flew around me pulling me inside.
"Oh my god baby, where were you?!" She cried.
"Uh-" Before I could finish my sentence she muttered under her breath. "You"

I pulled away from the hug and caught her staring George in the eye. George's face went pale as he tried to speak.

"Uh hello Mrs. y/l/n(your last name), I'm George I-" She cut him off as well.
"This is the boy the school called me about yesterday isn't it?" She scowled. Her head snapped back to me squinting her eyes and furrowing her eyebrows.
This was a different look for my mom. She looked like a crazy witch lady. My mom wasn't the type to get this mad. I mean I understand why she would be this angry with me right now but the way she looked, it was unsettling. It was like she was a drug addict. Snapping at every little thing.
"Um yeah but I need to talk to you about this." I confessed.
She straightened her face and motioned me to go on.
"Like we need to sit down and talk." I stammered.
She walked over to the living room and patted a seat next to her on the couch with a stern look.
I pulled George's arm inside and led him to the living room. I took a seat on the couch across from her and George sat beside me. I let out a sigh and began talking.

First I explained the whole school situation. The whole time I talked about that, George was silent and his face was red. My mom was silent when I finished, she didn't say a word. She just rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.
I took a deep breath and started talking about my dad. Halfway through my voice began to shake. I tried to carry on but my voice choked up. George grabbed my hand and whispered. "It's okay, you can do this." He softly smiled and I carried on.
"And yeah, I stayed at George's house for the rest of the night."
I closed my eyes tightly, too scared to see my moms reaction.
I heard a small sniffle from across the room. I opened my eyes to see my mom covering her face with her trembling hands. Her sniffles turned into sobs.
"Mom, i'm sorry-"
"No, it's not your fault sweetie, I-Im sorry" She said in between sniffles.
I got up from the couch and stepped closer to her. She looked up and immediately wrapped her arms around me. She continued to cry into my shoulder.

We stayed like that for about 4 minutes before she pulled away. She looked at me deeply in the eyes and cupped the side of my face. Her thumb lightly wiped a single tear off my cheek.
"I'm gonna go to the bathroom okay? We will figure out what we're gonna do later." She sighed before pulling away and starting down the hall.

I turned to George sitting quietly on the couch. His head was leaning on his hand as he stared into my eyes. His dark brown eyes glistened in the rays of sun beaming into the room. He smiled softly and stood up. I walked up to him and placed my head on his chest while he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me in tighter.
"You did it!" He cheered softly.
"I did it" I repeated quietly.

George's pov

As I held Y/n, I set my chin on top of her head and swayed softly.
"You did it!" I cheered closing my eyes.
"I did it" She repeated. I felt her bury her face in my chest. A small sniffle muffled out and I quickly pulled away to see tears running down her cheeks. I wiped her tears with my thumb and smiled softly.

"Agh i'm sorry, I can't control my emotions" She laughed wiping away at her cheeks with her sleeve.
"No need to apologize, emotions are apart of who we are, we would be boring without them."
Her smile grew wide as she wrapped her arms around my neck and got on her tippy-toes.
I closed the gap between our lips and kissed her softly. As she kissed back, one arm wrapped around her waist while the other held the side of her face.

A slight knock caused us to break away and turn our heads to the noise. There stood her mom in the doorway of the hall. She was leaned up against the wall with her arms crossed. I felt my face heat up as I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

"How long were you standing there-" Y/n said nervously.
"Too long" She interrupted quickly. I giggled quietly and held my hand over my face to cover my red cheeks.

Y/ns pov

After George had left to go home it was just me and my mom. My siblings were at school. My mom told me about when she got home last night. Apparently my dad had left the house, leaving the front door wide open. She talked about when she got home and the house was empty. She thought I had snuck out. After putting my siblings to bed was when she went into freak-out-mode. She called my phone a billion times before realizing it was in her purse the whole time. She tried calling my dad but he didn't answer. She basically stayed up all night waiting for me to come home. Explains why she looked like a witch this morning.

About a half hour later she was passed out on the couch. I stayed in the kitchen cleaning dishes and washing the counters. Cleaning sometimes helps me cope with things. It's like a stress reliever. It's the feeling of relief when you finally finish and sit back to see the end result.

8:30pm

Dad still hasn't come home yet and we were all sat in the living room watching cartoons. My mom had already explained what has happened to my sister and brother. They were around the ages of 6-8 so they didn't really understand. But my mom did convince them that "daddy is a mean person".

Later that night I laid in my bed. Quietly staring at my ceiling. This was like another one of my coping mechanisms. It gave me time to think. To calm down and gather myself. One part of my brain thought about my mom, while the other thought about George. The way of seeing my mom cry made me feel empty. But the way George smiled makes me smile. They way his eyes squinted and little wrinkles formed at his eyes as he smiled.

Feeling exhausted, I turned off my lamp and drifted to sleep.