/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟/

"Y/n! Get up already! You've been asleep all day!" My mom yells from down stairs.I sat myself up and rubbed my eyes. I squinted at my alarm clock only to be surprised that it's 1:29pm! We had no school today for some reason, I don't know for sure.

I yawned tiredly as I stood up on my feet. With my eyes half open, I made my way to my bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror only to reveal a hot mess. My hair was matted from the tears, mascara stained my cheeks, my eyes were bloodshot red. I looked down and saw a bloody rag in the sink. My stomach dropped as I checked my arm.

Guilt immediately filled my head. After 4 years of being clean, after all my effort, gone.

With tears starting to form again, I turned on the shower and turned the knob far on the hot side. I took off my tear stained shirt then my pants. I stepped into the hot steamy shower and immediately winced in pain. My wrist began stinging from the water.

I tried my best to ignore it and wash my hair and body as fast as I could. By the time I was finished, I was basically used to the stinging.

I wrapped myself with a towel and left my bathroom to find something to wear. I tip toed over the shards of glass the best I could.

I grabbed an outfit out of my drawers and slipped it on, it looked like this:

After drying my hair and doing my makeup, I went downstairs to my mom. She was at the counter cleaning something. I stayed quiet about the situation with dad, I didn't want her to worry about more things. She was already a busy person, caring for my brother and sister was a big task.

I set my phone on the counter and grabbed myself something to eat.

"Were you up late last night? Why are you sleeping so late?" She asked.
"Oh, um, I wasn't tired last night I guess"

"Who's George?" She said teasingly.
"What do you mean?" I said nervously.
"She showed me my phone which had an incoming call from George.

I quickly got up and snatched the phone from her.

"Hello?"
"Hey y/n, how are you doing"
I smiled softly.
"I'm doing good, thanks."
"That's great! Um I was wondering if you wanted to meet up somewhere and work on the project together?"
"Oh yeah, where and what time?"
"How about the park at 2?"
I checked the time, 1:47pm.
"Yup, perfect! I'll see you then."
"Ok, bye!" He said before hanging up.

"Mom, I'm going to the park to work on something, I'll be home later okay?"

She nodded and winked at me.

"Oh my god mom stop." I groaned.

"Have fun with George." She smirked.

I grabbed my backpack from the floor where I left it last night and headed out the door.

I walked down the sidewalk, past the many rows of houses. The air was warm with not much wind. Perfect weather. Leaves crunched beneath my shoes as I walked under a big oak tree.

After about 10 minuets, I reached the fence of the city park. There was no sight of kids or other people there. I spotted George at a picnic table. A great idea popped in my brain.

I sneaked up the grass as quiet as I could. Right as I was behind him I shook his shoulders and yelled "Boo!"

When I tell you this man had the highest pitched scream, I mean he had the highest pitched scream.  He sounded like a 12 year old girl. I fell back on the grass laughing as hard as I could, I had to hold my stomach from scrambling up.

"Ha ha very funny y/n." He said sarcastically as his cheeks turned bright pink.

Wiping my tears I sat down next to him throwing my bag on the table.

We start working on the project taking notes and writing paragraphs.

I look over to him writing, swiftly I drew a little smiley face on the corner of his paper. Giggling, I go back to writing.

He scoffed turning to me and scribbling all over my paper. He snickers going back to his notes.

"Oh it's on" I grinned. I scribbled all over his paper as payback. "You fucking bitch" He laughs scribbling even more on my page.

We go back and forth until there is basically just black on our papers. No white space left.            
    "Now look what you did" I teased. "You started it!" He shrieked. I died of laughter again at his whiny tone.

"What to do now? I don't want to start this over." Laughed George. I got another funny idea and stood up and picked up his pencil from in front of him. "What are you doing-?" He asks as I take off running with his pencil laughing.

George jumps up and chases after me screaming like a little girl again,"Give me my pencil!!" Along with some wheezing. I look behind me seeing he's catching up to me. I quickly turn around to attempt to dodge him but I didn't time it too well, He ran right into me, I fall on my back as he falls over me holding himself from the ground with his hands.

I slowly opened my eyes from laughing, immediately falling into a gaze with his dark brown eyes. I watched as his cheeks burned bright pink as he towered over me. A small smile crept onto my lips, complimenting the flush pink on my cheeks as well.

Georges pov

I accidentally knock her over as trip I fall on my hands on the ground over top of her. Our faces meet, she looks so... perfect.
'wait george, stop, that's weird'

I snap back into reality and quickly stand up embarrassed 'God George you're such an idiot', "Sorry heh" I laugh awkwardly scratching the back of my head. She sits up and laughs "No it's ok" Her smile widens as she holds out the pencil.

"I guess you can have it back" She says in a sarcastic teasing tone. I reach out to grab it but she throws it over her head behind her. Giggling, she walks past me back to the table. I roll my eyes laughing and picked the pencil up from the grass.

Y/n pov

I sat back down at the table proudly smiling.

A couple hours past and i see the sun starting to set. "It's getting kinda late I think I should head home." I say to George. "Ok, do you want me to drive you home? It's getting dark out, I don't want you to walk."

"Oh look at George being a nice gentlemen." I tease. He laughs and we walk back to his car.

It was only a 5 minute drive back to my house. We spent the car ride in a comfortable silence. He parked in my driveway. We both get out and he walks me up to my front door.

"Thanks for driving me" I say smiling. He blushes and replies, "No problem y/n". I give him a quick hug and he see him blush like crazy. It's funny seeing him get all nervous.

He walks back to his car and giggled "Bye bye", I smile and wave as he drives away.

I went up to my room and threw myself on the bed, exhausted.

"One new notification from George🙄"

I should probably change his name, he's not that annoying anymore.

"Hey I had a lot of fun today, Even though our effort on writing notes was kinda useless but whatever, school sucks anyway, I hope you're doing ok and just know if you need someone to talk to I'm here."

I blushed and smiled at the text. I'm so happy to have someone in my life like him.

Slowly closing my eyes, I drifted off to sleep.