/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥/

"Hurry up slow poke."

I rolled my eyes as I followed him across the floors of the airport. I eventually got to catch my breath when we reached an escalator. He still hasn't told me where or what he wanted show me so I'm left with no knowledge whatsoever and blindly following this man through an already busy airport.

"Just tell me already." I complained, leaning my cheek against his shoulder as we waited for the escalator to reach the next floor.

"You'll find out, be patient." He laughed, pushing my face away.

"You know I'm not patient." I grinned, leaning against the railing.

"Oh trust me. I know." He smirked, finally stepping onto the floor and dragging me along with him.

A smug smile fell across my lips as he intertwined his fingers with mine, holding my hand gently. I swung our arms back and forth playfully, adding a little pep in my step to ease my impatient mind.
I could tell he wasn't as "grumpy" anymore. He's more calm and composed. Although I'm still ticked off that he didn't let me wash the dishes when he has been providing a home for me for the past few weeks. But he got his punishment.

We walked up another flight of stairs until we reached a door that led out to the parking garage. He released his grasp from my hand and pushed the heavy doors open, holding it for me to walk through.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" I laughed in disbelief, staring at the dim, yellow glow emitting from the overhead lights.

"No stupid, up here." He shook his head with a grin, holding his hand out to follow him.

I gratefully took his hand in mine as he led us to another staircase that led out to the roof. We went in circles as we spiraled up the metal stairs, the area around us getting darker the higher we went up.

The cool, humid air blew through my hair as we reached the top floor, watching as the pink and orange sky gleamed above us. The roof was completely empty, the only movement were caused by the small leaves scraping past the cement in the breeze. It felt calm but unsettling at the same time up here. The silence mixed with the distant city commotion made it seem off.

"It's supposed to rain soon, you sure we should be out here right now?" I asked, concerned for the slippery dangers of a rooftop.

"We'll be fine, it probably won't even rain." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay..Well it this what you wanted to show me?" I looked over to him as he closed the heavy metal door behind him and stepping out onto the concrete.

"Not exactly, come." He grinned, motioning towards the small ladder leading onto the highest point of the roof.

It was only about 6 steps up the ladder, although the metal was rusty and damp so it made the 6 steps unpleasant.

"What's so special about up here-" I sighed when I reached the top but immediately cut myself off when I saw the view.

Bright yellow, red, blue, purple and so much more glowing colors sparkled in the city below. Buzzing cars could be heard driving down the busy streets. And to pull it all together, behind it all was a variety of pinks and purples painted across the skyline. It looked the same as the sunset at the beach but the feeling was way different. Standing above the skyscrapers, letting the air flow freely past felt surreal almost.

"Sorry if I "Hyped it up" too much but I thought you'd like it." He laughed quietly with air quotes.

"No George.. I wasn't expecting this but this is incredible." I said under my breath, completely taken away from the sight.