/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒/

-

"I miss that. I miss seeing you. Through a phone just isn't enough."

His smile faded.

"I miss you." He said quietly.

"I miss you too." I smiled softly.

He closed his eyes and his lips turned into a frown.

"I don't want to break the promise Y/n." He whispered.

-

I awoke with the same heavy feeling in my chest as the day before. My eyes frantically searched around the ceiling but a weight was held upon my chest. I looked down to find George sleeping peacefully, his soft eyes displaying his delicate lashes. His soft lips protruded by his cheek squished against my chest.

I silently ran my fingers through his fluffy morning hair, admiring his peaceful sleeping state. Although the morning sun shining through the window made everything calm, the words from last night still lurked in my brain, giving me a weird feeling in my gut.

The park.. the fog... him seeing a dead version of himself just didn't sit right with me. The night we met lips for the first time in two months felt so relieving. It felt as if any worry or bad feeling he had just simply vanished in our touch.

But the image he portrayed when I saw him.. His eyes looked tired but still hopeful. The faded purple creeping under his waterline growing deeper towards the end of his eye too. The day at the beach even, his ribs slightly visible under his pale skin.
When he mentioned the "broken promise" while his voice started to break down on the roof last night. What does that even mean? I know something isn't right with George right now but I shouldn't pressure him on about it until he's comfortable enough to bring it up on his own.

"You're up early again." A raspy voice muttered sleepily.

I looked down and met with George's soft brown eyes, looking at me deeply with a slight smile.

"We forgot to close the blinds last night, the sun is shining right on my face." I said tiredly, squinting at the bright rays.

"You're eyes look pretty in the sun though." He said quietly, tracing his hand along my cheek and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

He positioned himself so he was laying in between my legs, his arms wrapped around my waist as I sat up, my back against the headboard. His dark and dreamy eyes gazed up at mine, catching me in this trance that felt hard to escape from.

"You can't even see what my eye looks like right now silly." I smiled, a slight laugh to my voice.

"I don't need to see color to already know that they're beautiful." He said softly.

"Stop, you're making me blush." I said sarcastically, hiding my face with my oversized hoodie sleeves.

His hand reached up to my hands, pulling them down from my cheeks. He shifted up closer until he was inches away from my face. His finger lightly lifted up my chin and connected his lips with mine, holding them there passionately.

"You blush easily anyways." He grinned, pulling away from my now extremely flushed cheeks.

"You're annoying." I smiled, hiding my cheeks again while earning a proud laugh from him.

"You know you love me." He grinned, pulling my hands back down again and puckering his lips jokingly for another kiss.

"Shut up." I laughed, shoving his face away and pushing him off me.