/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒/

TW: mentions of abuse.

Y/n's pov

I was sitting alone at a bus stop, scrolling through my camera roll. Pictures of George and I kept popping up here and there.
I found one of us at the beach, holding hands as we walked along the shoreline. It looked that either Nick or Clay had taken my phone and took the picture sneakily behind us.

There was another one of us at the fair. I remember taking this while we were on the swing ride. I was laughing my ass off and George was gripping onto the chains and screaming bloody murder. I laughed to myself and added the photo to my favorites.

Then I found one that caused a frown to form. I think it was Clay who had taken the photo. It was George and I kissing at the airport. Our last physical interaction. The way his hand was placed around my waist and how he held my face with his other hand made my heart sink. Anything to be with him again. Anything.

-

"What took you so long to get home?" My mom asked worriedly while chopping up some greens at the counter.

"I took the bus home." I shrugged, setting my backpack down next to the door.

"That's weird, it's a twenty minute walk from school to here-"

"I know mom! I'm tired, it's kinda chilly outside and I forgot a sweatshirt." I snapped. I didn't expect the sudden attitude in my own voice.

She looked at me, her eyes narrowed. She had set down her knife and was now leaning on the counter with her hands.

"Are we raising voices at each other now?" She raised an eyebrow.

I furrowed my eyebrows and attempted to walk upstairs to my room but she stopped me.

"You know how much I have done for you? I moved across the fucking country for you. I ended a 20 year marriage for you. I lost everything for you. And you come in here, snapping at me like I'm just a peasant."

I was taken aback by her sudden rage. She really thought this was all my fault?

"It's my fault my dad abused me until I was limp on the floor? That its my fault that you were never home to notice. It's my fucking fault that the man you married is a total prick and should belong in jail but you did nothing. You didn't even call authorities." My voice began cracking up. My legs felt weak. My whole head was pounding.

"I didn't know until you told me Y/n, you could've called them yourself or at least could've talked to me as soon as it happened." She snapped back.

"Remember when I said you were never home? He has threatened to do bad things if I ever told anyone. He has brainwashed me into thinking I had no one. That no one is this world will care, not even you. And when you told me that we're moving away, I lost the one person who cared. George always listened, he saved me that one night where dad had another of his fits. He came with me to tell you what was happening. I lost it all." Tears were now streaming down my face.

"Y/n.." She began.
I refused her apology and trapped keys from the counter.

"Where are you going-?" She called from the kitchen.

Without a word I headed for the door, making sure to slam it on my way out. I got into the drivers seat of her car and backed out of the driveway.

So much anger built up inside of me. I couldn't even think straight. I kept wiping the tears from my eyes so I could see the road clearly. The sky was already dark but many grey clouds were still visible. Most of the backroads were empty so I drove down those. I wanted to avoid the busy city, away from everyone. I just need time to myself.