/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒/

AN: DONT PLAY SONG UNTIL I TELL YOU, it's vital for the chapter;)

The dim shade of yellow from a nearby street light revealed the young man below.

George stood in my lawn with a smile tugging at his cheeks as his eyes met with mine. He was wearing a dark red hoodie with slightly ripped black jeans. His hands gestured for me to come down. I held up my pointer finger  and whispered, "One sec!".

I stumbled around my room trying to find something appropriate to wear in chilly weather at 1am, for I was in a old T-shirt with random shorts.I finally managed to find an army green knit sweater along with some plain black leggings. I threw on some old converse quickly and peeked my head back out the window.

George was still standing there. He was walking around in circles, staring at his feet as he stepped carefully on the slightly wet grass.

"Psst!" I whispered down to him.

His face looked up and his big smile returned. He held up his arms like he was going to catch me. Yeah nice try George, not happening.

I carefully stepped out onto my roof, one foot at a time. I quietly shut the window behind me and inched closer to the edge of the roof. The moon shone brightly above me.

I looked around for an easier way to get down, and to my luck, the fence was close enough to the roof that I could climb onto that and get down safely. 

George noticed my plan and ran over to the fence. As he stood in between the house and the fence, he held out his hand and let me lean on it while I climbed down from the fence.

As my feet touched the ground, I looked up to George and smiled. The reflection of the street light sparkled in his dark brown eyes.

"Shall we go?" He finally said, breaking the silence.
"Where are we going?" I grinned.
" It's a surprise, cmon!" He whispered and led me to his car parked on the side of the street.

"I thought your parents would hear your car leave?" I questioned thinking back to the night when he made Clay pick him up.

"Oh yeah, my parents aren't home at the moment, they are both on a business trip. They're kind of the laid back parents, it's nice." He laughed as he opened the door for me.

"Ah, makes sense." I said buckling my seatbelt.

AN: start the song;)

He put the car in drive and started up the road. His hand rested on the gearshift with his other on the wheel. He let the windows roll down and the wind blew through my hair. The breeze was calming along with the sound of the music playing. The song playing was The Night We met, one of my favorites.

My hand dangled out the window swaying to the beat of the music. My other hand sat in my lap. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. I was still awake and aware of things around me though.

A light tap on my hand caused my head to lean back forward and my eyes to open. George gently intertwined is fingers between mine and held it there. I glanced over to him and caught him still staring at the road. A sly smirk poked at the side of his face as he chuckled softly. I felt my cheeks starting to burn up. I quickly looked out the window and gripped his hand tighter.

I noticed we were on an empty dirt road. Nothing but tall trees surrounded us. The headlights of the car illuminated the road before us. The car bumped slightly by the little rock's beneath the tires.

"Where.... are we going?" I hesitated looking around confused.

"A special spot." He grinned.

"Are you going to murder me? Is this apart of your evil plan?" I laughed.