/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥/

His cologne engulfed my sense of smell as I lay peacefully in his arms. With my brain half asleep and my eyes wide awake, I couldn't comprehend what time or day it was. I turned my head slightly to glance at the sleepy boy on my shoulder.

"George~" I hummed.

"hmm what" His voice seemed raspy.

"What time is it?" I asked quietly, drawing circles on his hand which was on my stomach.

"Too early." He groaned.

"George you haven't even opened your eyes."

"If yours are open then why don't you check yourself." He hummed, snuggling his face in the crook of my neck.

"Fine. I muttered, trying to squirm out of his grasp but his arms only held tighter around me.

"Don't leave meee"

"You are unbelievable." I blew a hair out of my face through my bottom lip, sinking back down into the couch.

He ran his fingers through my hair, gently pulling out any small knots. I just scrolled through my phone carelessly as he held me captive.
I scrolled through Instagram and found some posts from everyone back in California.
Niki was smiling in the middle of the camera with Minx right next to her, holding up bunny ears behind her head.

Next, was a post from Alex. It was just him in the middle of a parking lot with a half empty 2 liter bottle of sprite in his hand, staring out in the distance. A tag of Karl could be seen in the bottom right corner. The caption just read out:
At the end of the day... it's night.

I chuckled softly and double tapped the photo and moved on.

"What are you laughing about." George hummed, stirring in his position.

"Just a post from Alex, look." I smiled, handing up the phone over my shoulder.

"That's so dumb." He mumbled tiredly.

"You're dumb." I rolled my eyes, tapping his hand on my stomach to let me go.

He finally let me out of his grasp, I got up from the couch and stretched my arms out. George lay huddled up to himself, goosebumps were crawling up his thin skin.
I looked down to his hoodie over my body and started walking towards the stairs and up to his room. I fetched a black hoodie from his closet and threw it on his face when I reached back downstairs.

"Ow my headd." He winced, brushing the fabric from his face.

"It barely hit you calm down." I laughed.

I entered the kitchen and the thoughts of last night made me grin lightly. I put the whiskey bottle back into the cupboard and turned the lock again. I put the two shot glasses in the sink and grabbed George a glass of water. His head was probably pounding at this point considering how he acted last night.

"Thankyou." He smiled, taking the Motrin and water in his hands on the couch.

After George regained enough consciousness, we ate a simple breakfast together. Just some toast and eggs. His brown hair was all messy over his forehead, his eyes barely keeping open.

"Clay and Nick wanted to take me somewhere today, if that's okay." He smiled nervously, looking at me with guilt.

"Yeah that's fine, why wouldn't it be?"

"I dunno, I don't want to leave you out." He shrugged.

"I spent all day with you for your birthday yesterday, your best friends should have some time with you too silly." I smiled, reaching my hand out for his and rubbing his thumb gently.