Chapter 29

The next morning, I woke up with concentrated soreness located between my legs, a clear reminder that last night was indeed real. I turned around only to find the spot where Nathaniel once laid, empty and cold. A cloud of disappointment hung over my head, although I knew this was a high possibility, but I silently hoped I would be wrong.

Sighing heavily, I slipped out of bed and walked uncomfortably into the bathroom to get ready for the flight back home. I gasped at my reflection as soon as I looked in the mirror. Pink, purplish bruises were littered all over my neck. My hair was sitting on top of my head like a bird's nest, and my bralette was slightly ripped, allowing one of my nipples to show.

I threw my clothes off and hopped in the shower, and no more than fifteen minutes later, I was right back where I started, wrapped in a fluffy towel, staring at my reflection as I brushed my fingertips along my lips, reliving the memories of last night. Never in my life have I experienced an orgasm so mind-blowingly intense to the point where I started seeing stars, fucking stars. My sensitive core began to throb at the thought of Nathaniel sliding his—

"Anastazi." A husky voice interrupted my thoughts.

I lazily shifted my eyes towards the sound of his voice and saw Nathaniel leaning against the doorway with a white button-down tucked neatly into his black slacks. His shirt's sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, showcasing the gold Rolex strapped loosely around his wrist. I couldn't help but wonder if the man standing in front of me was the same man from last night, the same man that needed me in more ways than I could ever imagine.

His eyes didn't roam my body like they normally would, despite me being naked under the small towel wrapped around my figure.

Instead, his gaze remained locked on my face, not daring to look beyond that. I could already feel my hope beginning to fade the longer we stood there in silence, but I couldn't speak; all I could do was stare.

"Breakfast is ready, and the limo will be arriving in an hour, don't be late," he announced coldly, confirming that the Nathaniel I had grown close to was gone.

The twinge of disappointment I felt this morning resurfaced again, slowly eating me up inside. Nathaniel's back was already turned, leaving the bathroom, but I needed answers, an explanation, I deserved at least that.

"Last night—" I began, stopping him in his tracks.

"Was a mistake, something that will never happen again," he finished, not even bothering to turn around and deliver the blow to my face.

I sucked in a deep breath and nodded slowly, feeling tears forming in my eyes, but I refused to let them fall.

"Couldn't have said it any better," I whispered harshly before slamming the door behind him.

Maybe it was better this way. Getting involved with Nathaniel should be the last thing on my mind. I'll admit that I lost focus of my goal: to bring my father's company back to life—my company back to life. And that's all on me for getting distracted easily and falling for his charm, but not anymore. I'm done.

Just as Nathaniel said, the limo arrived exactly an hour after I got ready and ate the breakfast that was waiting for me in the kitchen. Somehow my bags were already packed and gone by the time I woke up this morning. I assume Nathaniel had someone to take care of that while I was still sleeping, not that I needed his help.

"Miss Faye?" A stranger's voice called out from behind me as I stood in the hotel lobby waiting for Nathaniel to appear, seeing that he left our room without informing me when he would be back.

"Do I know you?" I asked suspiciously, eyeing the strange man wearing a uniform.

He shook his head as he tilted his chauffeur hat to greet me. "I have instructions from Mr. Creed to drive you to the airport where the private jet awaits."